Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids say the cutest things

Options
  • 29-10-2008 11:02am

I thought I'd start a thread for parents/others, who's kid has said something very cute/funny! They used to have a section of this in one of the womens mags - like take a break or something, and I loved it! When my daughter said this to her dad the other day I thought it was classic!

My daughter and husband were doing "arts and crafts" on saturday and my daughter, who is not long turned 4, wanted to know what she should make, her dad told her to use her imagination!
    Her reply;
    Well dad, there is a little man inside my head and he's the one who tells me how to use my imagination but he's gone shopping at the moment so I can't really think of anything to make!

I thought is was the cutest!

Your funny stories please??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 mumof2maybe3

We were in the car one day and it started to rain really heavy, my son who was 2.5yrs at the time was in the back and he started shouting IM NOT A FLOWER, IM NOT A FLOWER. I had to pull in the car cause I really got a fright and didnt know what was going on. It turns out he had opend the window with his foot and the rain was pouring in and that was his way of explaining he was getting wet.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Hee hee, that's fun :-)

When my daughter was around 18 months, I got her her first Lego Duplo set. The set had a little green bush in it. And I said: "bush". She picked it up and combed her hair with it. We fell around laughing... it was so cute. She obviously thought we said "brush" :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

this mornings cutsie.
    "the Irish for horse is Capall and the Irish for policeman is cop":D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I was telling my husband about everything the midwife said at my last ante-natal appointment, our 3 year old was playing on the other side of the room.. I said the baby was still breech, and my son turned around with this shocked, indignant head on him and said "Mammy!! B*tch is a bad word!!". Naughty old me, you can't be too careful, apparantly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

Taking my DS shopping at the age of 3, I tried to get him interested in what I was doing so he wouldnt wander off so much. I asked him to go and help mommy find something nice to wear. With great enthusiasm he sped off into the wemons clothes section with a happy cheerful "sure mommie" Hearing him in the backrounds picking up clothes and saying "uh no thats not nice" to each of his choices i let him wander a bit. When i had found something to wear I called out to him to say that I was finished and it was time to go..... The next thing i saw was him running down the isle with the happiest of grins on his face, and infront of a crowded store produced a pink bra and waved it above his head shouting at the top of his voice " mommie mommie, I found something for your boobs"

Needless to say I was bright red but thanked him for finding something nice for mommy to wear.

This story will be produced again at his 21st birthday party lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

My wife was at her sisters on tuesday. Our little one (13 months) spent the whole day just chasing their 2 cats yelling itty, itty. Her latest is she like to say what sounds like A,B,C. My wife has been teaching her for the last few days. It is very funny hearing her say it. Ah kids you gotta love emm when they talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I was staying overnight in a friends house with my then 4yr old girl. That morning while putting on tights I put put finger through them so there was a small hole in the bum of them and I was wearing a mini.

Anyway, on our way home we stopped to meet some friends for dinner. I was standing in the queue holding a tray of food and drinks and my daughter proceeded to start pulling my skirt up, I bent down and very firmly said Dont do that. She continued pulling it up saying (very loudly) but Mammy I just want to see your hole:eek:.

I actually nearly died, it was either drop the tray and launch at her or let her continue. She pulled it up anyway and the whole queue behind me were dying laughing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

"Daddy. Why does 2 come after 1?" -- yesterday from one of my 5 year olds. I think she asked it just to prove my sig-quote wrong :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

My son is 16 months old. And everytime Obama or McCain is on the tv giving a speech he gives it right back to them. He raises his arm, points his finger and wags it at the tv saying "A ba ba ba ba ba" in a tone full of conviction.

My daughter who is just gone 2 years old calls her tummy her "bellytummy"

It's so cute when she says it. She also goes "beep beep" when she's trying to get past :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

Well since my boy is only 14months i have yet to experience this side of things, and can't wait for it, but at the moment all he can say is 'hot', 'num num', (meaning yum yum), 'more', 'daddy', and for some reason He's always called me 'nana', which causes a few raised eyebrows when we're out in public!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Oh I'm loving this thread. My own contribution:

My DS is just gone 3 and we play a "game" where I say "I love you DS" and he says "I love you more Mummy" and I say "No DS, I love you more" etc etc.

He said he loved me the other day and I said " I love you more DS" and he said "so, you love me more? " "oh yes darling" sez I and yer man cocked his little eyebrow at me and said "Point taken"!

I really wasn't ready for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

God is a fairy tale afaik so when one of the twins asked me "if god is a fairy story who made us". I was driving so without thinking I answered: "me and mammy made you". As soon as I said it I realised what I'd said ... looked at herself in the passenger seat and she had a look of horror on her face. Luckily the obvious next question "how?" didn't arrive ... yet! I've got the answer sorted anyway. "Ask your mother!" :D

Kids are fun.... my 2 year old just discovered we all have names... she's now going around calling big sissy, daddy and mummy by their real names. :-) It's fun!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Not a cute story but more of a warning to be careful what you say around our little beauties.

Last weekend the mother in law asked me to put up curtain poles for her.So off we go looking for the poles and after 500 shops and 1000000 different types of poles I turned around and said if she didnt make her mind up soon I was going to shove the "curtain pole up her hole"

Now I have a 2 yo whos running around shouting "curtain pole up bum" for the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Don't know if this is cute or scary either but met a friend of mine with his 2 yr old last xmas. My friend says "tell Malari what you saw yesterday". Young un says "F*CK C*NT!" at the top of his voice! I look at the father for an explanation...they saw a fox hunt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

I had my two year old girl in a trolley at the check-out in dunnes...she was in flying form...dad and daughter doing the shopping, it was great! Any way, I'm nearly finished packing the bags and the checkout-girl's got talking to my little one trying to get her to say something, but she's not budging....just sits there with a very apprehensive look on her face.

So the girl says to her..."Where's your daddy..where's your daddy?"

And my DD turns her head the other way down the shop and starts screaming "DADDY DADDY DADDY"

I've never gotten so many "kidnapper" looks in my life...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

My sister at four months pregnant decided it was time to stop carrying her 3.5 year old, so she told him that mummy had a baby in her belly. His very disgusted reply of "Don't be silly mammy you can't eat babies" still makes us crack up 5 years later. This was followed 3 months later with my sister waking up to a toy ladder being stuck down her throat, so that "the baby can climb out"!!!!

We awoke this morning to our 2 year old singing Jingle Bells from her cot. It went:
    "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, HEY!"

:)

Advertisement