Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

safety deposit box

Options
  • 29-10-2008 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Can anyone advise me about renting a safety deposit box in Ireland?
    where?
    Do credit unions do them?
    or post offices?

any information gratefully received :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Bank branches (although I think most of the major ones have stopped taking new customers for safekeeping items over the last couple of years).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Most banks do them. There not really boxes any more. More like safe keepings. You go to the branch with it in a brown envelope and go through the process. You do not have to disclose whats inside it but you will be charged a fee and of course sign a waiver that if the bank is robbed there not liable for your safe keeping etc.

Best place to go is the bank branch your with.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Bank branches (although I think most of the major ones have stopped taking new customers for safekeeping items over the last couple of years).

I know for sure BOI is no longer offering new safekeeping facilities, and AFAIK most of the other major banks are the same. Maybe one of those secure storage units would do some sort of safety deposit box? There's one called NeedMoreSpace that I've used and they were very good. I had a big container rented out, but I hear they do smaller boxes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Toots85 wrote: »
    I know for sure BOI is no longer offering new safekeeping facilities, and AFAIK most of the other major banks are the same. Maybe one of those secure storage units would do some sort of safety deposit box? There's one called NeedMoreSpace that I've used and they were very good. I had a big container rented out, but I hear they do smaller boxes too.
    Same in Britain, banks are tending not to open up new safety deposit boxes any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭baegan

anyone have a recent update on this?
    im looking for a safety deposit box in ireland

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

http://safetydepositboxes.ie/
    I am in no way connected with the above company and I only found them for the first time after a google search for saftey deposit boxes dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thomas15263

There are actually three facilities in Dublin now !!

Advertisement