Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get my hair cut as a student?

Options
  • 29-10-2008 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Am back in UL as a mature student. Am looking to avail of offers as a student as in I would like to get my hair cut at student prices. Any one any recommendations in Limerick or suburbs? What prices are they? Also, does your UL card do or do you need a USIT card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Not sure if UL has its own barber.

DCU have their own and its at student rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

think the barbers down by rio's does a student rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Max's do a student rate. There's vouchers on the counter at SU reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Modern Man give a student rate with card

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

On the subject of hairdressers has anyone noticed how their prices have been steadily increasing over the last year or so? It seems to go up by the odd euro each time in about three haircuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

barberellos on bedford row offer student discounts.

And yes, its gone from about 12 euro to 20ish over the past year or year and a half?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Hahaha thanks for the replies, but I dont think barbers would serve a female?

Did I give the impression I was male?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I had a feeling you were getting the wrong info there on barbers!

Not sure about presenting a student card to get student rates but Marbles and a few more salons in town have posters up looking for models.
    So I suppose if you want to be adventurous you could try these nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Limerick Senior College on Mulgrave St, you can book an appointment with one of the hairdressing students and as far as I know it's free! Might want to leave it til later on in the term, just to be on the safe side :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Try belissimo academy down near Jurys Inn, they are students who train to be hairdressers and are graduating that year, its usually half nothing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

For the blokes, Johns place across from the lodge is €12.50 for a haircut.

OP, maybe try that place thats s'posed to have opened by Fine Wines at Maxol - an email was sent around UL recently advertising it. Name escapes me though.

Advertisement