Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Books about radio

• 29-10-2008 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Anyone know a good book about history of Irish radio? dont even know if such a thing exists but I feel I havent been doing enough reading lately. Its fundamental dont ya know :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Anyone know a good book about history of Irish radio? dont even know if such a thing exists but I feel I havent been doing enough reading lately. Its fundamental dont ya know :)

"Radio Radio" by Peter Mulryan is all about the history of pirate radio in Ireland (well, mostly in Dublin) and is a great read and while the focus of the book is on those early innovative pirates of the 70s and 80s it does say a lot about the state of Irish radio back then and the promise of what it should have become, but didn't.

The book has been out of print for many years and its very hard to find it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Slicklink

Big Tone wrote: »
    "Radio Radio" by Peter Mulryan is all about the history of pirate radio in Ireland (well, mostly in Dublin) and is a great read and while the focus of the book is on those early innovative pirates of the 70s and 80s it does say a lot about the state of Irish radio back then and the promise of what it should have become, but didn't.

The book has been out of print for many years and its very hard to find it now.

http://www.rri.mic.ul.ie/m6_exist.htm

I have a copy of radio radio. But you cant have it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭DavidLive

There was one I came across, and it had a forward by Dave Fanning.
    Will try and dig it out.

Advertisement