Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

drying house after plastering

• 29-10-2008 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

My plasterer is due to finish his job by the end of this week. I have been advised against a de-humidifier by my plasterer and project manager as they have seen cracks caused by them in the past.

I am thinking of stealing the superser my parents have in their attic. It would increase the general temp in the house during these cold days and hopefully speed up the drying process. My project manager has no major concerns as long as the heat setting is very low and not used for any extended period of time.

It would be great to be able to give the place "a burst of low heat" to take the chill out of the house these cold mornings - especially on the North facing rooms of the house. I have 2 double doors and a few big windows on the SE, S and SW parts of the house and you can really feel the difference in that and the North end of the house.

Has anyone else used/heard of a superser in such a scenario? Any cons i should be aware of?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

I was always of the impression that supersers tend to put a lot more moisture into the room as opposed to helping it dry out.
    Certainly when I was younger and we used them for space heating the result would be a lot of condensation on the windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Any portable heater used in these circumstances should be kept at the minimum heat setting and windows should be partially open.

Ideally it would be much better to get the central heating up and running - again at a low setting.

Advertisement