Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Eircom to Vodafone

Options
  • 29-10-2008 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

Thinking of changing DSL to Vodafone - as Vodafone have a slightly better deal, mainly:

Vodafone for 49.99 (3mb):
    1/2 price for 6 months
    Free Vodafone calls to 3 numbers
    Unlimited local and national calls

Vs Eircom:
    Off peak local and national calls
    Free Meteor calls off peak

Have had no issues with Eircom - they don't enforce limits or throttle torrents.
    Do Vodafone enforce limits/throttle torrents?

I am looking for opinions of Vodafone DSL in general!

Thanks,
    Keith.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Is this vodagone 3g?
    If so it's not worth a damn...especially compared to eircom's 3meg broadband...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

No Vodafone DSL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Vodafone resell Eircom DSL so it is basically the same product that you are getting. UTV, BT and others all resell DSL and have unlimited local, national and UK calls. The Vodafone package might be of particular interest if you make a significant number of calls to 3 vodafone numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I see Eircom (who I'm with on anytime 3MB bundle) are now stating that calls to Meteor mobiles is included-is that for all users or just new ones or what? That's better than calls to 3 Vodafone numbers for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

All users - you upgrade your package - which is now €5 cheaper a month, but you enter a 12 month contract.
    murphaph wrote: »
    I see Eircom (who I'm with on anytime 3MB bundle) are now stating that calls to Meteor mobiles is included-is that for all users or just new ones or what? That's better than calls to 3 Vodafone numbers for me anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement