Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Pumps

Options
  • 29-10-2008 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi There,

I have a watermill pump installed in my apartment for 6 years, I had to replace the circuit board a few months ago and while the plumber was out he checked the filters where the hot and cold water is fed into the pump, he said that dirt could cause the pump to go on when it should'nt.
    A couple of days ago the pump started to go on for longer than it usually does, it stays on for a couple of minutes after I turn taps on or the toilet is flushed, so I tried clean the filters myself, I turned off the water, unscrewed the feeds and cleaned the filters, when I put it all back together again the pump would just go on and the cold water feed pipe would start to get hot so I turned it off at the fuse. I think there could be an air lock, my question is how do I get rid of the air lock? Assuming it is an air lock is the problem!
    Many thanks,
    m&s.

Advertisement