Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AerLingus Reduces Fuel Surcharges

Options
  • 29-10-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

Effective immediately AerLingus have reduced by 20% most US fuel surcharges - this means you can now broadly get direct return tickets to NY for just over €700!

Downside for me is I booked them @ €60 more a few weeks back - but, hey, cannot always get it right:D

Reckon Washington DC will be under €500 for 2 people return now! For anyone that has not been there I would thoroughly recommend a visit. All main attractions - white house, museums, capital building, monuments and memorials all within a very small area and I believe great shopping close by too. Not sure on hotel prices but like anywhere you can always shop for a bargain.

Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

This is no way a bargain or deserving of a new thread.

Delta already do NY sub 500 euro for instance.

There is a travel forum where someone might have an interest in this, unlikely though. Washington was already sub 500 euro for two with Aer Lingus latest offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Bluetonic wrote: »
    This is no way a bargain or deserving of a new thread.

Delta already do NY sub 500 euro for instance.

There is a travel forum where someone might have an interest in this, unlikely though. Washington was already sub 500 euro for two with Aer Lingus latest offerings.

Can't keep everyone happy I guess:P Are you a self installed moderator?

I should have maybe pointed out that it's €700 for two people return so if you were basing Delta being on sub €500 for one person then €700 for two seems like a bargain to me. My experience is that Delta and AerLingus closely follow each other on pricing to NY. When I booked 2 tickets for €780 return there was maybe fiver in difference on Delta to JFK. Consider that latter fly into a crappy terminal in JFK I would sooner go AerLingus. This is from experience of flying via JFK over 20 times through new and indeed older terminals.

If Washington was already sub €500 for two then its now sub another €60.

In the past when fuel surcharges were reduced the sale prices did not really follow so there was never the chance to take advantage of the reduction - on this occasion the full reduction is now available. Hence the reason for posting a bargain alert. There are already a few other threads on similar subjects in this forum so seems as good a place as any to post:D

Good day to you sir:P

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

It's still not a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thanks for the info, I think this thread is better off here though. Moved from Bargain Alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

air fungus dont really do bargains ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Base

It's still not a bargain.

Some people:rolleyes:

Advertisement