Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taggart Holdings

Options
  • 29-10-2008 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could advise my on this situation. (apologies if wrong forum)
    I have a new house in Trim which was guaranteed for a year beginning last December. We have had trouble with our heating pretty much since we've moved in. The builders did come back to 'fix' a few times but the radiators are still not heating up properly.
    We bought the house from Taggart Holdings - which has of course gone bankrupt, so I am not sure were we stand.
    Do I have to cut my losses and get in a regular plumber, or is there anyway I am entitled to have someone fix the heating free of charge?
    Does anyone have any experience with matters like this?
    Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

does "homebond" not cover things like this or are they just for serious structural flaws/issues? this is of course assuming that taggart holdings were bonded by homebond.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Homebond is structural, and won't cover plumbing issues like this.

Your best option - hire a plumber and just get it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

AnnieB82 wrote: »
    We have had trouble with our heating pretty much since we've moved in. The builders did come back to 'fix' a few times but the radiators are still not heating up properly.
    I take it you've bled the air out of them? Often causes lack of heat. Also, what is generating heat for it, and how is the heat regulated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭AnnieB82

the_syco wrote: »
    I take it you've bled the air out of them? Often causes lack of heat. Also, what is generating heat for it, and how is the heat regulated?
    Hi, no I have not bled them, how do you do that? We have gas central heating, and it's weird as some radiators are fine and some aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

We had a similar problem.

Go to your local DIY store and ask for a radiator key. You then use that to check and see if there is air in each radiator. There should be no air, and only water.

If you've checked all, and found no air, you may have another issue.

Turn off all the radiators that work correctly. Leave your heating on for a while and see if the others start to work. Then slowly open up all radiators again.

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭AnnieB82

Hi Paulw, ok we'll try that first - as I'd really love to avoid the route of looking for a reliable plumber if possible, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

AnnieB82 wrote: »
    Hi, no I have not bled them, how do you do that? We have gas central heating, and it's weird as some radiators are fine and some aren't.
    Sounds like the air, then. Follow Paulw's advice. Do it SLOWLY, and only when the radiator is cold. Reason being hot water + fingers = bad :(

Advertisement