Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Mattress Scrappage Subsidy Programme

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Cabaal wrote: »
    got one of these bloodfy things in the door yesterday...delivered with all the normal post so I'm annoyed with An Post for that, went straight in the bin with all other junk mail

It's a service An Post offer I'm afraid...so not much point being angry with them:

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Business+Customers/DirectMail/Our+Products+and+Services/Publicity+Post.htm

Am sure once you pay them, they'll deliver whatever leaflet/flyer you want!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mick_irl wrote: »
    It's a service An Post offer I'm afraid...so not much point being angry with them:

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Business+Customers/DirectMail/Our+Products+and+Services/Publicity+Post.htm

Am sure once you pay them, they'll deliver whatever leaflet/flyer you want!

strange an post don't allow there concerned customers to not to receive this ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Well you could try sticking a "no Junk Mail" sign on or above your letterbox...but i'd doubt many of the postmen or junk mail delivery people would take any notice.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

surely in this day and age if a consumer doesn't want to receive junk mail that they now have to pay to get receyled they should be allowed not to receive this crap, surely An Post should have an opt out of all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Interesting bit on Joe Duffy alright, in the fact that no one knows anything about this company or scheme.

Sounds certainly like a scam. Like I said, fill in loads of these response forms, with bogus information, and use the freepost option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Joe O'Beirne

Your idea of posting back 500 - can we invoice you for the costs involved !!!!

Joe O'Beirne
    IBC Group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Joe O'Beirne
    IBC Group

Cost of what? Do you honestly think with the bad press you have convinced many people to really send back the form. You should realise, now you have been mentioned on Joe Duffy the amount of real interests sent back are going to be very low so already you have wasted your money printing the originals. do you honestly think anyone is going to take you serious now or fall for this?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Joe O'Beirne
    IBC Group
    This is your only response to the points raised here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Joe O'Beirne

To : moderator

In order to quell all the conspiracy theories, how do we list our website address and still keep inside the blog rules.

Rgds
    Joe O'B
    IBC Group

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Scam or not - it comes across as a very suspect way to do business!
    I'd be VERY weary of answering such an item.

Definitely smells of just a sales gimmick.
    If it is a genuine item, why not go through every association that deals with the elderly.
    They would have the contacts, names and addresses of all those that would make better use of such a promotion if its genuine!
    ...or is someone afraid to do that for being spotted and seen, exposing the leaflet and possible sales gimmick for what it actually might be really instead???

I for one will be warning my older parents about this. I suspect others will be doing the same.
    I'm not persuaded its genuine and not just a sales scam.
    Where's the company registry number by the way? No names, no phone numbers, no web email or address on it - and this is supposed to be something organised in conjunction with the EU!
    So NOT professional it comes across!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

To : moderator

In order to quell all the conspiracy theories, how do we list our website address and still keep inside the blog rules.

Rgds
    Joe O'B
    IBC Group
    Can you give a potted version here of what you are trying to do? Without links? Tell us what your scheme entails, who is involved, and whether it is an imaginative (and slightly odd) sales pitch, or not. I think what has most people dissatisfied here is that your mailshot was packaged as an official EU initiative which it appears not to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

To Joe O'Beirne

I can go to a major high street retail chain and buy a King Size mattress from
    €180 up to €950 the more expensive one being a full memory foam.
    Could also go to an independent stockist and get a better deal

What would make me want to purchase a mattress from you? What price are you retailing your stock for? Would I have to listen to a pressurised sales pitch for 2 hours from a slick saleman? Why are you targeting the over 50's as we have gathered from the previous post there is no such thing as the EU mattress scrappage? Can I go into your showroom and look at the mattress I wish to buy or is it a 40' container shipped over from China one size fits all.
    Personally I like to see what I am buying first hand in a showroom and never buy anything of the doorstep( at least the travellers have the stuff in the back of the van so you can see it)
    I beleive its another pressurised sale ploy similar to the H2o brigade selling goods at over inflated prices.
    Thank God most people are wise to this now,
    This one even got on Joe Duffy before it even started :D

Joe O'Beirne you'll be glad to that this "scam" has been raised with An Post by a person I know, in addition to this you'll also be happy to know that many of your spam leaflets have been dumped although I do like the ideal of bogus info being posted back to you....after all how do you invoice somebody for it when you don't know who sent them? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Joe O'Beirne
    IBC Group

You can invoice me at -

Freepost
    7 Upper Abbeygate Street
    Galway
    Co. Galway

Then again, you can probably find a lot more real information about me than anyone on here can find out about you and your company and scheme.

I'm still not sure what you'd be invoicing me for, I haven't sent anything to you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I don't believe so, no. However, you might be better seeking a professional's advice from your solicitor; in the same way that you might be better seeking advice before posting here, as you're not doing yourself any favours. Over 50s use Google too.

Advertisement