Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card in Oz

Options
  • 29-10-2008 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I lived in Oz for over a year and when offered a credit card from my bank i took it. I spend 3000 dollars and left Oz without paying it. Now a year later ive realised how stupid i was and i want to clear my debt. I dont kow anything about credit cards. How much could i possibly owe after a year of non payements? Im worried sick.

Also, i want to go back to Oz on holidays next year with my wife. Will i be refused entry for such debts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Silly thing to do.

You should contact the bank that issued the credit card to you, and they will very quickly tell you how much you owe.

If you're only going back to visit, I'm not sure if there will be any possible impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

The good new is the exchange rate is 1.95 aus $ to euro, so your debts have reduce by almost 20% in the last year!

Simply ring the card issuer and say that you haven't heard from them and you were wondering if there was a balance on the account.

:pyou of course sent them a letter with your new address, but they simply must have mislaid it!!!

I'd expect about 20% interest per year has been added, but you can negotiate on all charges! - tell them you'll send $3500 immediately in full clearance of the account and ask them to confirm this by e-mail.

There's no bank to bank agreement with oz and its a consumer debt, so it won't affect entry back to oz

Advertisement