Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Dublin Aiport to Drogheda ?

Options
  • 29-10-2008 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Hello Folks

I arrive back into Dublin airport on Saturday night around 9pm and need a way to get to Drogheda by bus.

I know there is Matthews Coaches, their bus leaves the airport at 10pm, then down to city north and transfer across to another bus for drogheda

Bus Eireann website isnt great on their website ,They mention pick up at Atrium Road ,Dublin Airport:confused:.. is that across from the coachmans pub ?
    Can you get a bus inside Dublin airport direct to Drogheda?

Any pointers appreciated as i wont be sober come saturday evening:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

Firstly Atrium Road is the road after you come out of arrivals, cross the road to the short term car park, walk through that building (Spar shop used to be on the Left Hand Side) and cross the next road. It is signposted.

http://www.translink.co.uk/resources2005/pdfs/dublin%20big%20map%20180707.pdf

Also the 100X leaves at 22.20 http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202394114-100x.pdf or the 1 leaves at 21.10 and 21.50 but is the stopping service.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202394115-101.pdf

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Look at bus eireann timetable under commuter list 100X on their website, it picks up in the airport, just walk out of airport through short term car park and all the bus stops will be in front of you (its only about 2 min walk) bus Eireann looks a better option as Matthews coach goes to city north and you have to change bus there, Bus eireann is express straight to Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Cheers folks, much appreciated,

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

100X is ideal as last post says, I often mumble away to myself about having to go in via Drog bus station :-) en route to Dundalk. As a general rule its 20 past the hour from the airport 18 hours a day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

When you walk out of the Departures level with your cases, walk left about 50 feet.
    Cross the road to the middle pathway where there is at least two bus stops with poles and shelters (they are near to the right turn heading downwards). The Eirrean bus for Drogheda usually pulls up there at least once an hour during the day. There will be others there so don't be afraid to ask if your in the right stop. The poles there will also have the list of the right buses going from each stop there as well.

Have a good trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mickey mac

Well if you decide to use Mattews coaches, you can't rely on their time table, either printed or on their web site, as I found out to my cost last Sunday night!
    So my advice is to phone them (within office hours) and ask them will they be removing any services this week. I stood outside the city north hotel for an hour in the freezing cold because the 10.30 pm connecting bus doesn't run anymore, even though their web time table STILL shows it as running.

Their logo says "We don't follow standards, we set them".

As I was standing around, freezing, last Sunday night I noticed this statement on their TIME TABLE!!! and I thought this must be some attempt at humour!

Advertisement