Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BPP Home Study

• 29-10-2008 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone any experience of this or is it a new thing? Seems to apply to all accountancy bodies. I'm thinking of doing it for my CPA exams in April

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 EI-EAY

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone any experience of this or is it a new thing? Seems to apply to all accountancy bodies. I'm thinking of doing it for my CPA exams in April

I've used it before and it worked well, It really depends on the subject and how familiar you are with it. I used it with revision seminars which I found great.

This year Im doing 2 CPA subjects homestudy with Griffith as they have an internet site which they publish lecture notes on.

What exams are you doing with CPA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

had look at it myself. If u think ul do d study urself then its great as u dnt have 2 travel 2 classes. u can email tutors if uv any prob & theres revision wkend. i used some of their texts while at college & found them easy to understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

I'm doing P1 Auditing and Corporate Law. Failed them once already so i decided to change tactics so to speak. I was never great for going to classes and found it very hard to motivate myself to study leading up to the exams even though i had plenty study leave. I didnt know Griffith did a home study course?

ya griffith do aswel. i didn't look into them as want to do exams in limk & dnt think they do them there. if u check their website....

mayb ul b more motivated on 2nd attempt!! do u knw any1 doing d same exams? ye cld try keep eachother motivated if u do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

No i dont know anyone doing the same ones. Its just a matter of staying outta the pub and putting the head in the books!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭carolinei

Hi,

I'm doing the ACCA and sitting my F3 on the November 28th. I'm Sitting the F2 (Hopefully !!) in January, F1 in March / April, and 1 - 2 every 6 months after that

I am doing home study and am not from an accountancy background and thought I knew more than I did until I started and realise I know nothing. I am finding it hard, and although I will do the F3/F2 and F1 with home study I will be doing the rest through the local college, as I will need the structure and the lessons and motivation of classes

I have been using the internet, the manual, the question banks and then I think 'Hey, I have this cracked !' get most of them right. Do a different question bank a day of two later on the same subjects and fail miserably, and find it frustrating, but I will persevere as it is worth it.

It is like everything - how dedicated are you, how much do you want it and how much will you sacrifice to get it. I have given up TV in the evenings Mon-Frid - but enjoy the weekends with the hubby and kids.

Hope this helps !

Rgds

Caroline

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    No i dont know anyone doing the same ones. Its just a matter of staying outta the pub and putting the head in the books!

I know the feeling!!! Did a little 2 much partying last yr n my final yr at college so Im not gonna make that mistake with prof exams. its hard 2 miss out on d social life but u just have 2 decide u really want 2 pass these exams & make d sacrifice of either every wk nite r else wkend study. easier said than done i know!!! good luck whatever u decide....

Advertisement