Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Angel Eyes

Options
  • 29-10-2008 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, thinking of buying angel eyes for my 318ci, just wondering, do they cause any problems and just any comments in general, do they come as as soon as the ignition does or how do they work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

They work like normal side lights. My mother has them on her car, she refers to them as 'fairy lights'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Hi, thinking of buying angel eyes for my 318ci, just wondering, do they cause any problems and just any comments in general, do they come as as soon as the ignition does or how do they work?

Buy them from http://www.ssdd-motorsport.com, far superior to the ones on sale here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

As has been said, they replace the side lights bulbs. The only problems I had was that the inverters needed replacing, but the second batch worked fine.

I got mine supplied and fitted by www.accarsales.com

I think they are nicer than the OEM 5 series ones as they are white, not yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

thanks for all the replies! eoin, can you remember what you paid for supply and fitting?

the ones AC use are inferior quality ones, I've no affilation with anythign to do with this but I know of a lot of people who have been unhappy with them.

• Advertisement

Hammertime wrote: »
    the ones AC use are inferior quality ones, I've no affilation with anythign to do with this but I know of a lot of people who have been unhappy with them.

Aside from the brief problem with the inverters, mine were absolutely fine for the remainder of the two years I owned the car. Not many reports of problems from other owners I know who got them there.

If I was handy, I would probably have sourced them online, but I'm not.
    Idbatterim wrote: »
    thanks for all the replies! eoin, can you remember what you paid for supply and fitting?

Can't remember exactly, but it might be on their site. If not, give them a shout and ask for Richie.

eoin_s wrote: »
    Aside from the brief problem with the inverters, mine were absolutely fine for the remainder of the two years I owned the car. Not many reports of problems from other owners I know who got them there.

If I was handy, I would probably have sourced them online, but I'm not.

Can't remember exactly, but it might be on their site. If not, give them a shout and ask for Richie.

I think its about €200 supplied and fitted which is decent value. but I'd still get your own and fit them, they are very easy to do

Hammertime wrote: »
    I think its about €200 supplied and fitted which is decent value. but I'd still get your own and fit them, they are very easy to do

€200 sounds about right actually. Good value for a mod that I think really lifts the look of the car.

eoin_s wrote: »
    €200 sounds about right actually. Good value for a mod that I think really lifts the look of the car.

agreed they look the buysiness.

MAKE SURE they put reflective tape at the back of the rings, otherwise you get this horrible undefined effect as the light is projected backwards without the tape.

Advertisement