Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mania 25 Main event

• 29-10-2008 4:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31

What do u wana see as the main event.I want Randy Orton V Batista [C] for the world championship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Orton defo but agiainst Cena prob, i'd like to see michaels get a run before he kicks the bucket and retire!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If Jeff hardy doesn't have another "issue", he will be in the main event after winning the Royal Rumble. I think HHH will put him over there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Eugster

i would only like orton v cena if it was a last man standing match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Eugster wrote: »
    i would only like orton v cena if it was a last man standing match

Definetaly dont want LMS for Main Event...Would like a No DQ match ala Rock Austin 2001 between these two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Chris Hero vs American Dragon or Roderick Strong vs Jack Evans :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

callaway92 wrote: »
    Definetaly dont want LMS for Main Event...Would like a No DQ match ala Rock Austin 2001 between these two

Yep stips are for Backlash and WM rematches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Wouldn't mind seeing them go down a different route and have Edge vs. Jeff for the title. A main event with no muscle bound freaks would be nice. Other than that, a Hunter vs. HBK interpromotional match would be great and a Kendrick vs. Bourne match on the undercard would be fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Chris Hero vs American Dragon or Roderick Strong vs Jack Evans :D

Monkeys will fly out of my arse before that happens!

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind seeing them go down a different route and have Edge vs. Jeff for the title. A main event with no muscle bound freaks would be nice. Other than that, a Hunter vs. HBK interpromotional match would be great and a Kendrick vs. Bourne match on the undercard would be fantastic

What he said...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Jeff to win the rumble, and add Edge in there for the hell of it, or big show.

So.. HHH v Jeff v Show/Edge.

And for raw, Jericho v cena.
    No holds barred, simple as. :p

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

The matches I would like to see at Mania (non of them specifically being the main event or being the title matches):

Undertaker v HHH
    Edge v Jeff Hardy
    Bourne v Matt Hardy
    Orton v Stone Cold (you just never know!)
    Cena v The Rock (you just never know! - again!)
    Michaels v Batista

Ladder match: Jerricho, Punk, Morrison, Shad, Mysterio, Kennedy, Finlay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i wanna see austin vs the rock!! now THERES a main event! :D

I just can't see that happening tbh - if both men returned for one more match, they would want to win. Thats not gonna happen if they go up against eachother!

Yes, and if you buy the wrestlemania anthology from silvervision, you'll get to see it in three different guises. And it'll cost you less than a Wrestlemania ticket.

Because quite frankly, it's the only way you'll get to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I may get lynched for this but I would like the SD Main Event to be......*gasp*....... Jeff Hardy v Vladimir Kozlov (c). Note that I stress SD ME.

The actual ME that I would like to see would be for Raw, Cena v Batista (c). I'm thinking build it up for months with Batista playing the role of the arrogant egotistical heel. I really think they could create something special if they go down this path.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I may get lynched for this but I would like the SD Main Event to be......*gasp*....... Jeff Hardy v Vladimir Kozlov (c). Note that I stress SD ME.

The actual ME that I would like to see would be for Raw, Cena v Batista (c). I'm thinking build it up for months with Batista playing the role of the arrogant egotistical heel. I really think they could create something special if they go down this path.

Ban recommended for both of the above suggestions! ;)
    (don't worry, you always have the Nocturnal Forum! ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Ban recommended for both of the above suggestions! ;)
    (don't worry, you always have the Nocturnal Forum! ;) )

Bah! I've been known to contribute to PI and the Soccer Forum too.:p

Forgive me if I want the SD ME to subtley rip off Rocky 4.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

if both are fit it will be batista and HHH with HHH going over this time

rossie1977 wrote: »
    if both are fit it will be batista and HHH with HHH going over this time

So let me get this straight dude? You want HHH with both belts?! :D
    Rjd2, MNG! FRESH MEAT! COME AND GET IT!!!

So let me get this straight dude? You want HHH with both belts?! :D
    Rjd2, MNG! FRESH MEAT! COME AND GET IT!!!

yeah i do :eek:

that imo will be the mania main event not what i would like to see, if HHH is fit he is going to be in the title match that is a given as it has been for the last 10 years, its a case of against who and i think it will be batista.

• Advertisement

brolly wrote: »
    I just can't see that happening tbh - if both men returned for one more match, they would want to win. Thats not gonna happen if they go up against eachother!

WAT

yeah i do :eek:

that imo will be the mania main event not what i would like to see, if HHH is fit he is going to be in the title match that is a given as it has been for the last 10 years, its a case of against who and i think it will be batista.

Actually now that you mention it. One of the things that made Mania VI a really big deal for me (bear in mind, I was 14 at the time), was the fact that it was title for title. It's seldom been done since, especially on PPV. So in that respect, i would love to see it. :)

rovert wrote: »
    WAT

What didn't you understand Rovert? If both Austin & the Rock were to return for one more match each, they would (in my opinion) want to win! If both men go up against eachother, then obviously one of them will have to lose!

brolly wrote: »
    What didn't you understand Rovert? If both Austin & the Rock were to return for one more match each, they would (in my opinion) want to win! If both men go up against eachother, then obviously one of them will have to lose!

Did you watch the Mania of Wrestlemania? Both enormous amounts of respect for each other. They'd over who was jobbing over who was winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I doubt either Rock or Austin care enough to be concerned who wins and loses, Austin hasnt wrestled an actual match since Mania 19 save a few run ins and stunners and The Rock is an actor now, winning a wrestling match wont affect either of their careers in the slightest ,if, and its a massive if, that match ever did happen it would be more about the entrances, the staredown and the finish spots than the actual wrestling itself, it wouldnt be about the match quality itd be about the atmosphere

Did you watch the Mania of Wrestlemania? Both enormous amounts of respect for each other. They'd over who was jobbing over who was winning.

excellent programming and often forgotten

excellent programming and often forgotten

AGREED

OMG Angle is so off his face in his sit down interview, he is slurring his words like no one's business.

AGREED

OMG Angle is so off his face in his sit down interview, he is slurring his words like no one's business.

going to go watch this again as i haven't seen it in over a year, that austin/rock moment in the ring is poignant

AGREED

I think i might have a look at this as i haven't watched it in about four years. Just done with the Matt disc from Twist Of Fate, and Jeff's one was so bad that it's just getting skipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

going to go watch this again as i haven't seen it in over a year, that austin/rock moment in the ring is poignant

Do you mean at the end of the match??If so...It was beautiful to watch

callaway92 wrote: »
    Do you mean at the end of the match??If so...It was beautiful to watch

yeah that bit

I think i might have a look at this as i haven't watched it in about four years. Just done with the Matt disc from Twist Of Fate, and Jeff's one was so bad that it's just getting skipped.

It is great in hindsight with Karen Angle in it, Kurt Angle drug and neck issues following, Brock mentally checking out, Rock leaving for good at this stage etc

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭McConnon

Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker with Austin as special guest referee or enforcer.. or better again make it a triplet threat.

It is great in hindsight with Karen Angle in it, Kurt Angle drug and neck issues following, Brock mentally checking out, Rock leaving for good at this stage etc

Even then you could tell that Karen Angle just wanted him out of the business there and then. Five years, two or three further broken necks (at least), and a separation later, and Kurt still doesn't get it.

McConnon wrote: »
    Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker with Austin as special guest referee or enforcer.. or better again make it a triplet threat.

Stop no, this isn't 1998 anymore! Get over it people!!
    And no Wrestlemania main event should end on anything other than a singles match.

• Advertisement

it may not be 1998 anymore but a michaels/taker match at mania in texas would no doubt tear the house down (see royal rumble 2007 in texas), if i was booking mania i wouldn't have it as the main event though (probably penultimate match and i certainly wouldn't have austin as part of the match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

And no Wrestlemania main event should end on anything other than a singles match.

They've been kept apart so much sincve then that its almost fresh again, theres a whole new generation for who, this would be a completely new pairing. And as rosser said their little interaction at the end of the Rumble a few years back was great. You KNOW they'd deliver.

it may not be 1998 anymore but a michaels/taker match at mania in texas would no doubt tear the house down (see royal rumble 2007 in texas), if i was booking mania i wouldn't have it as the main event though (probably penultimate match and i certainly wouldn't have austin as part of the match

I would too, but i also think JBL/Taker would also tear the house down too for the same reasons.

flahavaj wrote: »
    They've been kept apart so much sincve then that its almost fresh again, theres a whole new generation for who, this would be a completely new pairing. And as rosser said their little interaction at the end of the Rumble a few years back was great. You KNOW they'd deliver.

Yeah, but all the oldies are fairly beat up at this stage, and understandably so. Sorry if i want something new as opposed to matchups i saw 10-11 years ago.

Because it's dumb sh*t like that is what's losing WWE it's longtime fans. WWE could try and bring the old codgers into the main event picture all they want, but i think the damage is already done.

Yeah, but all the oldies are fairly beat up at this stage, and understandably so. Sorry if i want something new as opposed to matchups i saw 10-11 years ago.

Because it's dumb sh*t like that is what's losing WWE it's longtime fans. WWE could try and bring the old codgers into the main event picture all they want, but i think the damage is already done.

They haven't given a flying **** about their long term fans in years. Not when the kiddies are buying their merch by the shedload.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    They haven't given a flying **** about their long term fans in years. Not when the kiddies are buying their merch by the shedload.

Yes, but eventually the kiddies grow up, then what? Surely SOMEONE in WWE has to realise this!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭McConnon

I've a gut feeling we'll see this at next years Wrestlemania though. Though I wholeheartedly agree with ya that no Wrestlemania main event should end on anything other than a singles match. I got a wee bit carried away there :p

Wasn't Michaels referred to as "Mr. Wrestlemania" going into his match with Flair this year? If so, it makes complete sense to pit him against Taker and his undefeated streak.. in their home state of Texas. It'd be HUGE!! Plus it'll be the biggest, more decorated Wrestlemania ever.

Yes, but eventually the kiddies grow up, then what? Surely SOMEONE in WWE has to realise this!

And they have their own kiddies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Jeff vs HHH after Jeff winning the Rumble and then winning the title on the night (could be as big a moment as Shawn's win at WM12 if done right imo)

Kendrick/Bourne would be great to see, good call bubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

As a guy who is buying a ticket I don't want to see JBL anywhere near the top end of the show he's a great heel but not good enough in the ring to be that high up the card

People watch WWE for good wrestling matches still?

gimmick wrote: »
    People watch WWE for good wrestling matches still?

plenty of very good wwe matches this year on ppv. a few decent matches on smackdown too and jeff/umaga on raw in january was tv match of the year for me

I know that, I have enjoyed a few matches recently, its just that with Vince taking the focus off "wrestling" and more to "entertaining" it seems that no matter who is in the WM main event, as long as there is a decent backstory, it does not really matter how the match goes, much like WM24s main event. Decent storyline, poor match.

eventually with 5 hours of fresh programming needed 52 weeks a year, 45 hours of ppvs a year things will get repeated no matter what.

there is probably only 6-7 guys on the roster who are able to headline/co-headline mania at present

gimmick wrote: »
    I know that, I have enjoyed a few matches recently, its just that with Vince taking the focus off "wrestling" and more to "entertaining" it seems that no matter who is in the WM main event, as long as there is a decent backstory, it does not really matter how the match goes, much like WM24s main event. Decent storyline, poor match.

edge/taker?? that was a fine match

• Advertisement
Advertisement