Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mania 25 Main event

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

rossie1977 wrote: »
    there is probably only 6-7 guys on the roster who are able to headline/co-headline mania at present

Which shows a major folly in booking? Why is there only a handful capable of headlining? Simply because the writing committee (Vince) is too lazy to continually push new people up the card. Everyone benefits if that were to happen, as it makes the entire roster look stronger.
    edge/taker?? that was a fine match

Disagree. It had a nice finishing 4-5 minutes. The 15 or so minutes preceding were boring emmerdale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

orestes wrote: »
    Jeff vs HHH after Jeff winning the Rumble and then winning the title on the night (could be as big a moment as Shawn's win at WM12 if done right imo)

Kendrick/Bourne would be great to see, good call bubs

Any slim chance of that happening was dashed by Jeff being voted in to lose to HHH on Cyber Sunday. You just knew he wasn't gonna win and you just knew this was one time too many for that particular match at this stage. just look at thei wrestlers faces when they read out the results, they were all "not this again!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

you can push people all you want though doesn't mean they will become stars. the biggest problem for a booker in pro-wrestling has always been the creation of new stars, wcw couldn't do it, roh aren't doing it, tna are not doing it

if you have too many stars this also leaves you with another problem of course, its a very fine balancing act

What is the other problem? If you make more people look like legitimate champions, I fail to see the bad. Surely this would be better than seeing the same 4-5 faces in all the main events for years on end?

How many ppv main events in the last 3 years have not had one of Batista, HHH or Cena involved? Off the top of my head, one in 2008.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

you can push people all you want though doesn't mean they will become stars. the biggest problem for a booker in pro-wrestling has always been the creation of new stars, wcw couldn't do it, roh aren't doing it, tna are not doing it

And WWE haven't done it in 2 years, with the exception of CP Munk, and that was out of desperation in my own honest opinion.

gimmick wrote: »
    What is the other problem? If you make more people look like legitimate champions, I fail to see the bad. Surely this would be better than seeing the same 4-5 faces in all the main events for years on end?

How many ppv main events in the last 3 years have not had one of Batista, HHH or Cena involved? Off the top of my head, one in 2008.

this years mania and summerslam mainevents didn't involve batista/cena or trips

the problem you would have if you made say 20 wrestlers top guys ala HHH, batista, taker would mean there wouldn't be enough room for all of them in the main event let alone anyone else. nobody else would get airtime, egos would explode backstage, moving up the card would be next to impossible in that situation

What I am saying is that it would be no harm in creating more fellas who are able to dip in and out of main eventing.

The likes of Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Big Show have appeared all over cards, be it opening match or the main event. It does not make them look weak when they are outside the top feuds. That way, a roster has far greater strength.

wwe need to make their midcard champs (ie intercontinental and us champs) a little stronger. back in the 1980s/early 90s you felt the likes of warrior, piper, bret were every bit as strong as the WWF champ

today santino jobs to batista in seconds and shelton barely puts up a fight against HHH

this years mania and summerslam mainevents didn't involve batista/cena or trips

No, but they involved, Edge/Undertaker/JBL the usual standins, and Orton would have been a shoe in had he not been benched.

There aren't enough #1 contenders. For whatever reason, Kennedy can't get through the glass ceiling. Christ knows how long MVP is gonna be put on the long finger, same for Jeff.

We're at the stage where it's the same sets of guys in the main event, month in and month out.

• Advertisement

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    No, but they involved, Edge/Undertaker/JBL the usual standins, and Orton would have been a shoe in had he not been benched.

There aren't enough #1 contenders. For whatever reason, Kennedy can't get through the glass ceiling. Christ knows how long MVP is gonna be put on the long finger, same for Jeff.

We're at the stage where it's the same sets of guys in the main event, month in and month out.

alot of the problems is down to the draft imo, without the draft the roster looks strong you would have hhh, taker, edge, cena, batista, orton and hbk all main event, jericho, jeff, punk, jbl and rey upper midcard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

MVP yes. Kennedy, no, his ring-work is pretty awful for a guy at his level. And Jeff just can't be trusted.

alot of the problems is down to the draft imo, without the draft the roster looks strong you would have hhh, taker, edge, cena, batista, orton and hbk all main event, jericho, jeff, punk, jbl and rey upper midcard.

This I have a lot to agree with, they basically took the best of the RAW roster and lumped it over to SD, and took the worst of the SD roster and lumped it to RAW.

flahavaj wrote: »
    MVP yes. Kennedy, no, his ring-work is pretty awful for a guy at his level. And Jeff just can't be trusted.

Ring work isn't everything, as Rock has proved from 97-02
    Jeff can't be trusted? Since when? WWE have spent months builiding him and are still doing so. So they obviously have plans for him, they just have him on a long finger to make sure he can still hang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Ring work isn't everything, as Rock has proved from 97-02

Mr. Kennedy is not The Rock on the mic or for that matter in the ring even.

Mr. Kennedy is not The Rock on the mic or for that matter in the ring even.

I never said he was! But he's over, maybe not everyone, but over with enough people to warrant a push.

This time last year people were requesting Umaga for a push for christ sake!!!

• Advertisement

But he's over

Out of all the good guys in the WWE, Mr. Kennedy even prior to his injury wouldn't be near the top 5 in terms of being over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Anyway possible Mania main events
    Edge v Jeff
    Cena v Taker –Just as Taker is taking off his hat, Cena pins him with a roll up, streak is over, the internet explodes.
    Kane v Hornswoggle- 60 minutes iron match, Kane does the job clean.

So let me get this straight dude? You want HHH with both belts?! :D
    Rjd2, MNG! FRESH MEAT! COME AND GET IT!!!

Not worried once The Miz buries him on Monday I dont think we will have to put up with Hunter in the main event for a long time. :D

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Not worried once The Miz buries him on Monday I dont think we will have to put up with Hunter in the main event for a long time. :D

Prepare to be disappointed...

Out of all the good guys in the WWE, Mr. Kennedy even prior to his injury wouldn't be near the top 5 in terms of being over.

Time is gonna tell on this one.

• Advertisement

Time is gonna tell on this one.

It already has.

It already has.

I don't think so, if he had a consistant run, i think things would be different. But because he's benched every six or so months, it think it's screwed up a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 HandsomeO'duan

Hey all im new to boards but heres my two cents,
    I think Austin vs.Orton is a very real possibility considering what happened at Cyber Sunday and the fact that Orton is the top heel on Raw and it would be a top notch match with two top notch workers.

Furthermore I am very suprised that nearly everybody is not considering Edge for the main event.Personally as a massive Edge fan I think that Austin/Edge could potentially be match of the decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SASR

That would be one of the worst things to happen to "entertainment" in a long time.

:(
    SASR wrote: »
    That would be one of the worst things to happen to "entertainment" in a long time.

Really? It would be fitting punishment for a man who has buried more than his share in his time. Anyways I shall wait to see how the match goes on Monday before repeating my usual HHH is terrible speech, all though I am not holding out much hope for Mizorrison, but heh DX need the rub so they will win. :(
    Anyways apologies but back to matter in hand Mania main events.....

:(

Really? It would be fitting punishment for a man who has buried more than his share in his time.

Cop on, seriously. If WWE wasn't doing good business with him on top, they'd have taken the strap off him long ago. :)

Common sense people, it's in there somewhere, and it's not available in any shops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

From everything i've heard, they haven't done especially good business in regards to Trips as champion- though then again, i think it's alot more complicated these days than simply blaming/crediting the guy on top.

I would'nt see the point in having DX lose to Miz/Morrison anyways- i hope they aren't slaughtered, but i wouldn't have them go over.

I still don't think Austin's going to work Mania, but i'd go with either of those suggestions if he did-but definitely not in the main event.
    I'd also plump for Taker/Michaels.

From everything i've heard, they haven't done especially good business in regards to Trips as champion- though then again, i think it's alot more complicated these days than simply blaming/crediting the guy on top.

I would'nt see the point in having DX lose to Miz/Morrison anyways- i hope they aren't slaughtered, but i wouldn't have them go over.

Aye its not all Hunters fault that the WWE may be in a bit of bother, but I am sure that their is people out their who have become disillusioned with his superman like ****e since he returned from injury. Punk drew just as well when he was RAW champ as Superhunter before he went in the draft (Ratings) and the Ratings did not exactly go through the roof when Hunter over to the blue brand either.
    I agree DX will go over although if Mizorrision won with a JBL or Kozlov interference it would make sense after all DX would come out of it no weaker, it would further their individual feuds and it would give the YOUNG Mizorrison some heat. Ah **** I wont even get excited if Edge and Orton could not escape the DX burial what chance do ECW midcarders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Survivor Series 2006 Team DX vs Team Rated RKO..Team DX didnt have one of there team eliminated :(:(

Advertisement