Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are the Charity shops in Galway

Options
  • 29-10-2008 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

ok so i am in desperate need of something for halloween but I dont want to spend much so I thought I might try one of the charity shop. Where are they around the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

There is one down near the docks. Its the next street up towards shop st. Sorry can't remember the name of the road but it could be Middle St.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

There are a few - I think I remember where most are
    SV de P, down near the docks
    St Augustine St I think, top end - an animal shelter benefit one (can't remember name).
    Enable Ireland on Shop Street
    Abbeygate St - Concern? Not sure, but one there
    Sea Road / Small crane one shop on corner, not charity shop any more but 2nd hand, and a Simon shop further up past Ernie's on the right.

Euro shop is awash with accessories too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

inisboffin wrote: »
    St Augustine St I think, top end - an animal shelter benefit one (can't remember name).
    Sea Road / Small crane one shop on corner, not charity shop any more but 2nd hand, and a Simon shop further up past Ernie's on the right.
    Euro shop is awash with accessories too.
    Is that shop on sea rd not a charity shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Just for the record Oxfam on Abbeygate street is not a 2nd-hand/charity shop.

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Just for the record Oxfam on Abbeygate street is not a 2nd-hand/charity shop.

Oxfam is not what I meant...
    It is on the other end of Abbeygate St, near the music shop I believe.

• Advertisement

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Is that shop on sea rd not a charity shop?

To be clear, I mean the big one, near the tattoo place (not the Simon, further down)...maybe it isn't Sea Road, but it is on the corner there...anyway, that one *used* to be GB, but I was told by a costume person that it is now owned and operated by a woman just as a 2nd hand shop. I think she still takes donations tho..
    I didn't know this until recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

inisboffin wrote: »

Docks - Merchants Rd - SV de P
    St Augustine St top end - SPCA (clothing Mon-Fri, furniture two days per week only, can't remember which, one is Friday)
    Enable Ireland - Shop Street
    Abbeygate St - down near Sally Longs - Age Concern
    Sea Rd - further up past Ernie's on the right - Simon shop
    Sea Road a bit down from the Small Crane and on the opposite side - not a charity shop any more but 2nd hand

Non profit:
    Abbeygate St - Oxfam
    Middle St - Amnesty International
    I suspect there may be others, but can't think of 'em now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 JamesStephens

heard that thsioe clothes bag colectors are a massive scam, was in the papers last week

Advertisement