Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adding channels in Vista Media Center EPG

• 29-10-2008 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Here's the situation...

2 sky boxes downstairs, signal from both converted to analog on different frequencies spread around the house - so plug a coax cable from TV sockets around the house into any telly and you can tune both in just as if they're normal analog off-the-air channels.

One of those coax cables is plugged into a WinTV-HVR 900H which is plugged into a laptop with Windows Vista. When I scan for channels in Media Center it finds them grand and I can play, pause, record, etc. ... but then the only channels shown in the built-in Guide in Media Center are those currently showing on each of the Sky boxes (i.e.: 2 channels only).

Anyway... getting to the question...

Is there any way of showing all the channels in the Guide, even though (as far as Windows Media Center is concerned) I've technically only got two channels?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

That'll be a "No" / "I don't know" then.

Grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

I think you need to set up the guide updates manually to begin with and once you haven chosen the correct settings it will autoupdate from then . That's certainly the case on my Media Centre (Vista and PVR250 tv card) . In Settings/TV you should go to Set Up Your TV Program Guide and follow the wizard from there . I had to do a bit of trial and error to get the right guide for my NTL analogue but I'm 'signally challenged' :o

Hope this helps ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Bard wrote: »
    Here's the situation...

2 sky boxes downstairs, signal from both converted to analog on different frequencies spread around the house - so plug a coax cable from TV sockets around the house into any telly and you can tune both in just as if they're normal analog off-the-air channels.

I can't help your problem, but this interests me...

You can use the analogue tuners on your VCR/TV to give all stations (tuned in individually on the device) ? Is this correct ? How (I thought using a sky bok would mean you could only have one channel displayed because it bypassed the device tuner) ?

(that's the number one reason I haven't got sky)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

iMax wrote: »
    You can use the analogue tuners on your VCR/TV to give all stations (tuned in individually on the device) ? Is this correct ?

No.

We've two Sky boxes downstairs. On the TVs around the house there are two (analog) channels only (that come in via a coax cable) that we can tune in. One channel shows what's on Sky Box 1, the other shows what's on Sky Box 2.
    How (I thought using a sky bok would mean you could only have one channel displayed because it bypassed the device tuner) ?

Correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If Windows Media Center didnt crash on me so damn much I might actually use it :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

go back to setup tv and tell it you have a set top box, not a coax connection.
    it will then ask you to choose an input - svideo / composite / coax

you will need to have an ir blaster connected to the usb receiver for the remote

Advertisement