Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

secondary school art teachers

Options
  • 29-10-2008 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    I was just wondering if there is much demand for secondary school art teachers. I've finished my Hons degree in fine art and design and I'm considering doing a H dip, but want to know if there would be work after I'm finished.

I had been thinking of chancing sending my cv to local schools for sub teaching but with the current changes that might be a waste of time!
    Any opinions??
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭CraftySue

Chance trying for some sub work, to see if you like teaching first. Getting a job, permanent or temporary takes a very long time, but you could be lucky depending on your location. If possible it helps at first to move around the country, to where the work is, just to gain some experience. It took me about 7 years, moving between subbing, part time, ept contracts before gaining a temporary contract, and even thats not definite. Alot of friends I had in college have moved on to other things, or teach part time.

Like I said, try for sub work first, you might like it, but you might also find its not for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LilaC333

Thanks CraftySue. No harm trying I suppose! :rolleyes:

Advertisement