Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physio Drogheda?

Options
  • 29-10-2008 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anybody recommend a good physiotherapist in Drogheda??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Hi
    I have used Ruth Kelly Physios , Crosslanes Drogheda, on the road alongside Drogheda United/Gaa grounds,
    Found them to be very good and helpful.

Tel :(041)9830638

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Danny Miller, opposite sullivan estate agents, been to a few and he was the only one who put me right.

As for Ruth kelly € 1800 i left with her and no difference all she done was accupunture and rubs .

danny will check you out and get you scan €150, and then get to the root of your problem,

Just cant find his number at the moment.

pm me if you need any more details

Maca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

macadam wrote: »
    Danny Miller, opposite sullivan estate agents, been to a few and he was the only one who put me right.

As for Ruth kelly € 1800 i left with her and no difference all she done was accupunture and rubs .

danny will check you out and get you scan €150, and then get to the root of your problem,

Just cant find his number at the moment.

pm me if you need any more details

Maca

2nd that. Danny operates out of Pro Health Physio, Magdelene Street. (041)9834444

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

I visited Crosslanes clinic earlier this year and wasn't terribly impressed - for a start, I had a lower back injury, could hardly walk, and was brought to an upstairs therapy room! I left after 3 sessions, having filled in a scathing customer survey!

Ruth Kelly (whose name still graces the front door) doesn't work there any more, there are notices inside to that effect - she passed on the practice some time ago. But they're still using her name as advertising!

There's a physio in Jackie Skelly's (used to work in Bryanstown), her name escapes me, but she was recommended by my GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Ann Bourton in Tullyallen is excellent, I think. Both another member of my family and I have had reason to visit her, and we were both impressed with her competence, knowledge and professionalism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Droghead

I would have no hesitation in recommending Ruth Kelly's in Crosslanes.. I attended the clinic following a car accident in which i injured my back. I found the staff to be professional, Friendly and polite and once finished my course of treatments was 100% again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mynameis..

sarah plunkett bryanstown medical centre she has a room there but cannot find her number anywhere, i went to her and found her very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 22moomoo

I'm gonig to recommend Danny Miller too.

He is currently treating me and got to the root of my injury straight away which several other physios failed to do. Very impressive and a decent chap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Just a quick question related to this tread:
    1) What would the common going rate be for a psysio?
    2) And do you need a prescribtion from the doctor first? (that's the way it works in Belgium, I need a psysio at the moment so was happy to find this information but just not sure about the 'formalities').

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

1) I paid €35 for my last visit.
    2) Do you mean a referral? If you do then no, you can walk in off the street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Darlie

Did you try McEvoy (first name escapes me). There's actually two McEvoys, I've been to both and both are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Zell

I used this thread when looking for a physio recently and going on the majority of recommendations made an appointment with Danny Miller and found him very good and would have no hesitation in recommending him. He quickly diagnosed my problem and clearly described treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gd123

Yea I used Sarah and found her brilliant, she has moved out to the new Crosslanes Medical Clinic her no is 041 9843950

• Registered Users Posts: 31 realtinh

I went to Ruth Kelly last week for a sports knee injury. and was treated by an indian woman...name escapes me. I was told I had a chronic knee injury and needed 200 euro insoles to fix my walking (said nothing about being able to play sport).
    So I went to Danny Miller today, as recommended here, and he was brilliant. He found out exactly what was wrong and told me exactly what I needed to do and how long it would be until I could play sports again.
    I'd definitely recommend him to anyone with a sports injury. He was just brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

I go to Margaret Walsh, she looks after mattock rangers so she's well used to my football/running/gym related injuries! always does the trick

she has a clinic in navan as well

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000295063128&ref=ts

realtinh, i had a similar problem,went to a physio then even a chiropractor and was wearing a sole for months before i went to margaret and since havent had to wear it now ive strengthened up correctly

the chiropractor must have known he wasnt helping! i want my money back :D

anyway her number is 0862158925 or she'll respond to her fb as well

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Jeanette (Swedish girl) in Mornington is a good Osteopath...
    Eoin McEvoy on Peter's St. is okay too.
    The girl in M1 business park I wouldn't rate!
    Still suffer with a neck/shoulder though...! Can never have enough money for these people :mad:
    Might give Danny Miller a try, he seems hugely recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thepoo

I also used this thread when looking for a physio recently and going on the majority of recommendations, made an appointment with Danny Miller and was not impressed at all. He made my problem worse. I had to go to see orthopedic consultant, who advised me surgery. Then my colleague referred me to Crosslanes physiotherapy clinic previously known as Ruth Kelly. I found them brilliant, sorted my problem without surgery. I would 100% recommend that clinic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭K nacker

thepoo wrote: »
    I also used this thread when looking for a physio recently and going on the majority of recommendations, made an appointment with Danny Miller and was not impressed at all. He made my problem worse. I had to go to see orthopedic consultant, who advised me surgery. Then my colleague referred me to Crosslanes physiotherapy clinic previously known as Ruth Kelly. I found them brilliant, sorted my problem without surgery. I would 100% recommend that clinic.

This story says more about the orthopedic consultant than Danny Miller, who advised surgery when evidently not required. My son had a sports injury which had doctors baffled. Danny Miller had him right within two week. I could not recommend Danny Miller high enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thepoo

K nacker wrote: »
    This story says more about the orthopedic consultant than Danny Miller, who advised surgery when evidently not required. My son had a sports injury which had doctors baffled. Danny Miller had him right within two week. I could not recommend Danny Miller high enough.

I had bad experience with Danny Miller. I handed huge amount of money to him for nothing. He even couldn't diagnose the problem. I wouldn't recommend him...

So I gave Danny Miller a shot under the positive feedback in here...
    I have to say my experience was mixed!

I agree that Danny knows his stuff and did offer me a very good assesment at where he thinks my ongoing physical problem lies..
    However over the number of sessions that I attended, the actual physical "massage time" if you like was very very limited, especially for the money you're handing over at reception.

A number of weeks have passed and I've been following his recommendations fairly religously.
    However I still find I've just as much discomfort as I had before I attended and this I believe is down to the very lacklustre bodywork treatment which I got over these sessions.

I've been to a wide number of therapists over the past few years... Some are very proactive and offer plenty of physical bodywork treatment along with their own recommendations.
    Then there's also a good lot who I've noticed prefer not to give their hands too much of a workout and prefer offering assessments and recommedations.

ps. I've absolutely no agenda is dissing anyone's practice... just another punter giving my 2 cents!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 mammy123

I had been to danny miller before and it was a total waste of my money. :mad:then I went to this brilliant Lad abbi kumar(crosslane physiotherapy clinic) there on recomendation form 3 of my friends and acquitance.Just a brilliant little physio.:D Was feeling better from the first session on where as spent all my bobs on danny with no result. would recomed Ruth Kellys practice -you ask for abbi kumar. hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

hope all these new posters get there problems sorted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

mammy123 wrote: »
    I had been to danny miller before and it was a total waste of my money. :mad:then I went to this brilliant Lad abbi kumar(crosslane physiotherapy clinic) there on recomendation form 3 of my friends and acquitance.Just a brilliant little physio.:D Was feeling better from the first session on where as spent all my bobs on danny with no result. would recomed Ruth Kellys practice -you ask for abbi kumar. hope this helps.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Shocking bit of schilling.
    Fact.this is not Ruth Kellys practice,it was once years ago but she does not own this practice any more.

Wow! sounds too good to be true???!
    Do they accept Western Union as payment?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Louth Physio just opened up on Upper Mell Street, 041 9804400, run by Louth physion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

thepoo wrote: »
    I had bad experience with Danny Miller. I handed huge amount of money to him for nothing. He even couldn't diagnose the problem. I wouldn't recommend him...

I believe your full of sh1t coming on here trying to do harm to a good practice that has proved itself go find another trade because you have been sussed!!
    POO and mammy seem to be incognito ????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

macadam wrote: »
    I believe your full of sh1t coming on here trying to do harm to a good practice that has proved itself go find another trade because you have been sussed!!
    POO and mammy seem to be incognito ????

+1. Single digit posters spreading more nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

.. I went to this brilliant Lad abbi kumar(crosslane physiotherapy clinic) there on recomendation form 3 of my friends and acquitance.Just a brilliant little physio.:D

+1 to Abhi. He has been working on my long neglected back problem, and he is very good indeed. I felt immensely better straight after the first session, and he has given me clear and simple exercises to follow, and my back seems to be on the mend, and I hope to be able to pick up my daughter again soon some day. I can not compare him to other Physiotherapists as I have never been to another one, but I can vouch for Abhi based on own experience.
    kormak wrote: »
    Wow! sounds too good to be true???!
    Do they accept Western Union as payment?? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

positron wrote: »
    +1 to Abhi. He has been working on my long neglected back problem, and he is very good indeed. I felt immensely better straight after the first session, and he has given me clear and simple exercises to follow, and my back seems to be on the mend, and I hope to be able to pick up my daughter again soon some day. I can not compare him to other Physiotherapists as I have never been to another one, but I can vouch for Abhi based on own experience.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

First ever post and it's a glowing reference to some physio... sorry for being a little cynical like!! :rolleyes:

Advertisement