Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physio Drogheda?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

kormak wrote: »
    First ever post and it's a glowing reference to some physio... sorry for being a little cynical like!! :rolleyes:

kormak, no problem at all about being cynical - I would be too. I was referring your 'western union' remark, which sounded a tad xenophobic. Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

positron wrote: »
    kormak, no problem at all about being cynical - I would be too. I was referring your 'western union' remark, which sounded a tad xenophobic. Peace.

fair enough, it was meant as a stereotypical cheap gag than xenophobic...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

fair enough, it was meant as a stereotypical cheap gag than xenophobic...;)

Tomato, tomahto!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mammy123

Wow! sounds too good to be true???!
    Do they accept Western Union as payment?? :rolleyes:

ask the clinic if your intrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 irjudge

Have to say I ended up going to the Crosslanes Physio for lower back pain that had been troubling me for some time and Abhi sorted me out very quickly, great guy, very thorough initial assessment (spent about 20 minutes assessing the cause of the pain). Pain free now. Very impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Daragh86

Hi all, I hope this post is alright with the Mods - not too sure?

I have opened a pain management clinic in Drogheda recently, I won't post the name but I just wanted to make people aware of the difference between physiotherapists and physical therapist. We have physical therapists at our pain management clinic.

Physiotherapists are educated in a more medical, surgery based rehab direction and while they are fantastically educated in everything to do with injury/pain physical therapists are educated more in the everyday injuries people suffer. Physical therapists go into more detail and aim to fix the underlying issue to resolve the overall pain issue, rather than physiotherapists who treat the pain rather than the problem. I think physical therapists should be used more often for the day to day injuries and leave physiotherapists to the more complicated surgery rehabilitation work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shazzaam

Louth gaa physio open in town
    Louth Physio upper mell excellent chartered Physio
    40 euro ! Money well spent

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Charles1412

Hi Daragh,
    Interested in getting some more info on your clinic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Would Danny Miller and the Cross lanes Physio still be top choices here? Ive been to see Danny before and found him to be very good. Ive been advised to go see a physio again after being in a car crash. The doctor mentioned Danny Miller and also another physio in Bryanstown, Michael Maguire I think was the name he gave. Has anyone any info on him? I'll probably stick to what I know and go to Danny, but it all depends on appointments and how I can fit them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

John Maguire is the guy in Bryanstown
    Found him to be good.

http://www.nephysio.com/

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Danny Millar still the best?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Brewie

Danny is now the best imo since Abi left Crosslanes a few weeks ago.

Have to say... wouldn't rate Danny Miller. Had a few sessions with him and felt it was a complete waste of money. Lots of diagnosis but very little hands-on physio!!
    Whatever works for you I suppose.
    All I know is I've visited more therapists than you've had hot dinners and this guy didn't offer much relief at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Have to say... wouldn't rate Danny Miller. Had a few sessions with him and felt it was a complete waste of money. Lots of diagnosis but very little hands-on physio!!
    Whatever works for you I suppose.
    All I know is I've visited more therapists than you've had hot dinners and this guy didn't offer much relief at all.

I have to disagree he is one of the best as is proven by the people he works with, he is team physio for both the Drogheda soccer team and Louth Gaa teams and many more clubs, he also is the top lecturer in UCD, one thing about Danny is his prognosis is always spot on, if its a rub and relief you want theirs plenty of Thai and Chinese massage shops around town, you cannot rub away pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Tim that works in Dannys practise is also very good. Got to the bottom of my problem.

macadam wrote: »
    I have to disagree he is one of the best as is proven by the people he works with, he is team physio for both the Drogheda soccer team and Louth Gaa teams and many more clubs, he also is the top lecturer in UCD, one thing about Danny is his prognosis is always spot on, if its a rub and relief you want theirs plenty of Thai and Chinese massage shops around town, you cannot rub away pain.
    I know he's got ample credentials and is well regarded.
    I spent a number of sessions with him though and he didn't get near the root of my problem. If you pay decent money for Physiotherapy, the least you should expect is massage/bodywork therapy in some shape or form + the diagnosis and self-help advice.
    I'm not to sure what you mean by "you cannot rub away pain".
    Massage work increases the oxygen to restrictive and trigger point areas, easing muscular tension which in turn eases pain?!
    anyway... like I said it's just my opinion and you're entitled to disagree if u like! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Darlie wrote: »
    Did you try McEvoy (first name escapes me). There's actually two McEvoys, I've been to both and both are excellent.

Owen McEvoy on the Ballymakenny Rd.

Advertisement