Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&P aeg: How good they really are?

Options
  • 29-10-2008 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Does anyone has G&P aeg

How good they are?

I'm considering getting myself G&P m4 MRE but there not many reviews around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i have a g&p, in fact 2 of them. there is a general rule with g&p and i certainly found it to be true. their externals are very good and for the money they are good value (but i suppose thats all very subjective). their gearboxes however, leave a little to be desired. they never appear to be shimmed very well. some obviously are, but i suppose playing the percentages you run a risk of a not so great one. now dont translate that into bad, they arent, but the 2 i have could use a good going over if i wanted it to be perfect. i do like g&p, quite a bit as it happens, they make quite a bit of semi original stuff (modded m4's). their metal bodies seem to be well made. one of the g&p's i have has what i can only describe as the loudest gearbox i have ever heard...i am talking motorhead loud...LOL

one of the ones i have locks up sometimes on semi, but a flick to auto cures it. i am from the school of lazy and i adopt if it aint broke, leave it alone...so i will fix it when it tanks..

i do know wgcshop.com use g&p kits as a base for their custom aegs and they are really good value.

apparently g&p only sell kits, so technically someone else is doing the donKey work in the shops that sells them...now i have no idea if that bunkum or truth, perhaps some other here who know these type of facts can chime in...so would i buy g&p...yes, are they better then the top brands gearbox wise, i dont think so, but then again sometimes they are 100 dollars less. the good news is they are easy to work on, they do have one other peculiarity and this is from memory...i think the flash hider is a + twist where as everyone else is negative...now that is a right pain in the knackeraroos and is a pet grumble of mine...so you either need +/- converters or buy options specially for them......i have a vague memory of extensive cursing, gnashing of teeth, sackcloth and ashes moments with that....but i was a good while ago and since i am a dudderly auld git, it could be my memory going....

good luck with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

I have 2 GnP too. They are among the best make out there. There are a few reviews of gnp here and there. Mostly ones like which is the better make and so on. GnP come out on top generally. I suppose their external are better than most makes. Internally like your man said above can be hit and miss. One of my gnp m4's is great the other is not so good atm. I will be getting GnP from now on just cause of the fact that internally they are upgraded and shoot the 1j. My next pay check will be going towards another GnP m4 mod. The thing is you get jack **** with GnP. No battery, charger etc etc even the box is as plain as plain. TM are quite expensive and dont shoot 1j without work and more money. CA are common as muck. So having a GnP sort of stands out i think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 lumengrid

thank you! All I wanted to hear about g&p is there.

(one of the ones i have locks up sometimes on semi, but a flick to auto cures it. i am from the school of lazy and i adopt if it aint broke, leave it alone...so i will fix it when it tanks..) I'm from exactly same school LOL

i'm aware of +twist and decided that this not enough to put me off :D
    At this stage there are adpaters around and they are not that expensive.

True about that no extras added, but I guess I can live with that. :)

Once more: Thank you guys a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i have G&P m16a3 with 203 nade launcher

the gearboxed fubar'rd 3 times.

but it was because i was putting a 9.6 into it, it can only take 8.4

But over 24 rounds a second on an 8.4 is extremely impressive. Worth every penny and i love it :)

Oh i didnt know that you couldnt put a 9.6 into GnP's. I use 8.4's anyway, nice to know though.

I dont get all this ROF stuff. Dont all guns you get have good rof on full auto? Obviously when you upgrade
    the gears and the motor you get an even greater rof. But all my aegs just shoot basically the same in general.
    Also how do you know how many rounds a sec an aeg fires???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 lumengrid

the gearboxed fubar'rd 3 times.

But over 24 rounds a second on an 8.4 is extremely impressive. Worth every penny and i love it :)[/quote]

I'm not spray and pray person so 8.4 is more than enough. :D:D:D

And being "taliban" with only one mag ROF is not that important as well LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Also how do you know how many rounds a sec an aeg fires???

Chrono setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

tonky wrote: »
    Chrono setting.

You can also use a PC with a microphone and record the sound of the AEG firing for a few seconds with audio software such as Audacity and then count the number of peaks in the graph per second :)

If you dont have a chrono that is

Yeah i do have a chrono. So its a setting in it? I take it you have to fire through it on full auto?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

I have a G&P URX 16, got it from Redwolf and had them down it from 400fps to 328fps. Solid AEG, full metal, great rate of fire, but beware, the flash hider is clockwise, unless most AEGs out there. Much better that the CA M15A2 I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭andy g

i have a nice g&p from fire support the only bad thing is the cockin handle the piece inside broke so it doesn't hav the springy effect but you don't need it any way:D

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=970

Advertisement