Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Budget Kitchen?

Options
  • 29-10-2008 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Hi all..
    We're almost complete the build of our house.. We've engauged a professional company to do the main kitchen.
    We plan to get a small kitchen from a budget company for the utility room. I've looked at the IKEA stuff but it isnt as cheap as I'd heard off..

Can anyone recommend where is cheapest??
    I've no problem with the assembly and installation myself..

Thanks
    bam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

My brother got a quote from Noyeks and it was very good http://www.noyeksnewmans.com/contactus.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 skinnyminny

Hi there, you could also try B&Q - we fitted a kitchen from them last year and it was relatively cheap.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

I costed a kitchen like for like on the IT range from B&Q against the nexus factum line ive seen both and are a similar quality. The B&Q kitchen came out tops by about 40% but about 15% of that was based on actually collecting the kitchen. A friend of mine selected Ikea anyway and to cut a long story short "3 trips and 2 balls ups later its still not finished". He lives in Wicklow and its a bit of a drive just for swivel door fixings and a bit of cornice and pelmet. The diesel alone cost him €50 for a round trip. My advice is to plan the kitchen and select stores in a 15/20 mile radius from your home and cost each one against each other. You can also break it down to suppliers aswell for carcases, worktops ,doors and handles,accessories,etc,etc.

Regards
    Builditwell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Thanks... I happend to be in Dublin on thursday and went into B&Q in liffey Valley..
    For what I want they're definitely cheap... only annoying thing was that their stock of kitchen parts was terrible.. we tried a few combinations of units and couldnt make up a kitchen we wanted from what they had there..
    Got fed up and left a troley with 75% of a kitchen just sitting on the floor !:mad:

I'll be up in Newry in the next few weeks and will keep some space for kitchen shopping in the B&Q there..

Thanks again..
    bam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

A lot of builders providers have DIY kitchen units I got one for the utility room in my local Brooks it was pretty cheap one tall unit and two under counter ones worked out about €300 quality is ok for the money (this was about a year and a half ago though so prices may have gone up since - upshot is they usually have everything in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

My brother got a quote from Noyeks and it was very good http://www.noyeksnewmans.com/contactus.php
    I bought my kitchen from them and installed it myself - the quality of the kits and accessories (like hinges) is far superior to what the DIY stores offer.

The only thing to watch out for is the stuff is intended to be sold to professional installers and as such is a bit light on assembly instructions.
    The biggest headache was the doors weren't drilled for the hinges and there was nothing to tell you how to work out the position or depth of the bore.

I'm delighted with the end result though.

Advertisement