Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E71 keypad lights

• 29-10-2008 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

E71 Light Sensor
    The manual says there's a light sensor in E71, but I've yet to see it work.

Isn't the light sensor supposed to make the screen dimmer or brighter depending on the amount of light in the environment and turn on keypad lights when in the dark ??

I've yet to see it work. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Works fine on mine. It's above the screen, to the left of the speaker. Put your finger on it: light should come on after a second or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Ron J

No joy. Held my finger on it for 2 - 3 mins. Is there some setting in settings that needs to be tweaked ??

Ron J wrote: »
    No joy. Held my finger on it for 2 - 3 mins. Is there some setting in settings that needs to be tweaked ??

Hm, not really...
    In menu, tools, settings, phone, display, see if the slider's all the way to the right... Put it in middle position, and try the sensor again. If it still doesn't work, I'd guess it's a hardware problem...???
    Anyone else?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The keypad lights will only come on when the backlight for the screen is on though, once that times out then so do the keypad lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Have E66 myself and there is an option in settings for the sensitivity of it. Maybe your sensitivety is very low

bigslick wrote: »
    Have E66 myself and there is an option in settings for the sensitivity of it. Maybe your sensitivety is very low

Yeah, that's why I asked him to try setting it to medium... Although from googling the issue I'm getting the impression there might be a dodgy batch around as the o.p. is definitely not alone with the problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

strecker wrote: »
    Yeah, that's why I asked him to try setting it to medium... Although from googling the issue I'm getting the impression there might be a dodgy batch around as the o.p. is definitely not alone with the problem ;)

Ah look what i did. I should try reading previous posts fully before opening me mouth.
    As for the light sensor, ive never found it to do exactly what one would think it would. I just use it when the backlight goes off, i just tilt the phone and it comes back on lol. Useful indeed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Ron J

Tried middle position for slider - no use. Screen backlight comes on with a call/message etc but keypad does not light up. Have to turn on room light to repy to message /make call etc. Sensor must be shot.

Ron J wrote: »
    Tried middle position for slider - no use. Screen backlight comes on with a call/message etc but keypad does not light up. Have to turn on room light to repy to message /make call etc. Sensor must be shot.

Yeah, pity!
    Got warranty?

• Advertisement
Advertisement