Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games Stores Opening at Midnight?

Options
  • 29-10-2008 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea of any stores opening at midnight this Thursday night to sell Gears 2?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Try Game in town. They usually let open up for big releases. They did it for halo2 and halo3 but im not sure about gears.

You could also go to a 24hour tesco and get it there.

You can also try and go to smyths which are open till 11pm and they might give it to ya .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Alot of shops are open till 11pm/11:30 because of christmas coming up (i know way to early to EVEN think about xmas shopping) so they might sneak the game early! Smyths for eg. opens till 11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I live out near the Crescent and know the games section in Tesco closes at 10pm and Gamestop is also closed. Will ring Game in town tomorrow to check it out. And Smyths to see if they might be tempted on selling an hour early. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i overheard some of game's staff talking about a midnight launch and they didnt seem to think there would be one, i went to the GTA4 one, talk about a crowd full of scumbags turning up,granted its a different audience but still, try Tesco they usually release stuff early,or go to the 24 hr one and ask if they'll sell you one after midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Well i know for a fact my friend got Metal Gear Solid 4 for the ps3 at midnight in the tesco out in coonagh .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Well i know for a fact my friend got Metal Gear Solid 4 for the ps3 at midnight in the tesco out in coonagh .

+1 Coonagh have good stocks, ive picked a few up at midnight myself!

Advertisement