Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invaluable SKY HD Workarounds

Options
  • 29-10-2008 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I just upgraded to SKY HD and ran into some issues, which I eventually fixed using some internet research and I decided to pubilish the steps for posterity in case anyone else hits the same problems.

To summarise - once upgraded SKY HD was coming in on a different channel (now HDMI, used to be a SCART connection) so my TV couldn't find the signal by default. In addition my 'smart picture' aspect ration thingy no longer worked. Both of these issues resulted in a lot of nagging in my left ear from Wifey so if you're facing into the same problems, go to the link below for the resolutions.

http://www.avalon5.com/science-and-technology/technology/invaluable-sky-hd-workarounds/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Some good tips there

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Good tips, but I'm not sure what you meant by the reference to the quality of the HDMI cable. In my own case I couldn't use the supplied cable because it was too short (1m) and I already had a 5m cable trunked into the wall. The SKY cable is now doing fine service connecting my DVD/CD player into my amp. At lengths below about 10m HDMI cables are much of a muchness and don't cause degradation of the digital signal. Above that length, capacitance effects in the cable may cause some dropouts, so you need properly constructed and screened cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Well done Coyote. Have come across similar problems myself but unlike many knew how to solve it but very worthwhile listing it here and perhaps making it a sticky....

well done

Advertisement