Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vehicle Regististration

Options
  • 29-10-2008 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Bought car from garage recently, but still haven't become registered owner, despite asking garage (about a hundred times it now seems) to send the forms to Shannon so they can be sent to me.
    Ask garda opinion and they said to get a solicitior in to get the car signed over in my name, would this be expensive does anyone know?
    I can't tax car at the moment and know Ill be stopped soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Garage probably lost the change of ownership form and nobody in the dealership wants to take responsiblity for it because it will cost €20 for a replacement.

Call Shannon yourself 1890-411412

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Did the garage say that they haven't sent it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

AFAIK, garage can change ownership online now. I'd say head in to the garage and look them in the eye as they change it online.

Don't give them a chance to procrastinate, get it done while you wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

I agree with AudiChris, get them to do it while you wait, and don't leave until its done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

My dad always tells me a story of how he was in a fight with a company over something, so he turned up at their head office and did the whole "I want to see whoever's in charge" thing. They fobbed him off and said "they're in a meeting, they may be a while".

He took a seat and produced a book, a packed lunch and a thermos from his bag, obviously in for the long haul...

Turns out they'd rather send someone down to sort out the issue rather than look at you across the foyer for a couple of hours. He got sorted in no time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Whitnailni

Thank for advice, will probably have to go to garage. Was onto Shannon and they told me that car is still registered to previous owner, is this normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Speedy007

Go back and forth on the toll bridge a few times all the fees will be sent to the previous owner who will be straight down to the dealer to complain - I wouldn't say it would take much longer for it to be sorted with two unhappy customers on the case. The dealer should be happy to pay the toll by way of apologising!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Speedy007 wrote: »
    Go back and forth on the toll bridge a few times all the fees will be sent to the previous owner who will be straight down to the dealer to complain
    +1, and fly past a few speed cameras if you really wanna make the point :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Whitnailni

Cheers guys,think the toll and speed camers is the way to go, get some attention

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Speedy007 wrote: »
    Go back and forth on the toll bridge a few times all the fees will be sent to the previous owner who will be straight down to the dealer to complain
    The way the toll bridge is going, the previous owner probably has already a number of letters from eflow for many different cars!

• Advertisement
Advertisement