Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory diagnostic tools won't work

Options
  • 29-10-2008 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi Guys,
    I'm getting new memory for my pc (Dell Dimension running Vista 32-bit) so I went to orca logic where I've bought memory before.
    When I downloaded their PCwizard 2008 and installed it I thought that I could get a system check on the current memory and free slots etc.
    But it won't run.
    I went to crucial.com and tried their mem checker and that didn't work either.
    I get the usual starting splash screen and it just stays there. No progress, no results, nothing.

So I turned off my antivirus, my firewall and my antispyware progs and ran it again in Administrator mode.

Still nothing...

After that I downloaded CPU-Z and ran that. It came up with a blank results page.

So then I ran HWmonitor and It did the same, came up blank.

I'm really annoyed now and can't figure out why no diagnostic tools will run on my pc.
    I've done a spyware scan with Super antispyware and another one with Spybot. I've run CCleaner too and still got no result.
    While the progs were running they were not showing up on the task manager under "Applications" but were showing up as "processes" with 00 CPU usage.

Any thoughts on what causes this and how I can fix it???:confused::confused::confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

If you are just looking for confirmation of your current setup, this should be available on the dell support site by entering your machines Tag number

Advertisement