Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No. 8 bus!

Options
  • 29-10-2008 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Is anybody using the number 8 bus. Every single we have to wait 1 hour for the bus to come, then it just passes by without stopping because is too full! So I am late for work, parents are late to collect kids form the school....I have no money to pay for taxi every day and to walk twice a day there to Bishopstown and back so it is not just cool at this miserable weather. I know it happenes few times with bus 10 to Mahon and terrible troubles we had with buses to airport business park but the no.8 is the worst, i think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Yeah it's always packed! I usually end up getting the 10 to CUH if I have an appointment though I have to go further to get it those days. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sunnydayz

and also is interesting how some drivers just choose a different routes, so never stops where they should...not the bus 8 specifically but you can be get off the bus anywhere but not where you want to..

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭joulter

always fun spending 20 mins goin down the wilton road on the way home from college

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ssh, it's okay, you now have "Bus Wednesdays" to look forward to!

http://www.examiner.ie/story/ireland/qlgbeymhey/

(Cue it lasting a few weeks, then being dropped because people didn't leg it from their cars to the bus in their droves).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

:rolleyes: Extra busses to sit empty in traffic?

Saw a guy sprinting for the No.5 at CIT last night - pmsl. He was fairly short and his little legs were going like the clappers. What I couldn't understand was why he came out of the main door of the college than sprinted around by the delivery entrance rather than go straight through the path in the middle of the building site. The best bit was the bus was still there 5 minutes later :D

peasant express ftl....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

:rolleyes: Extra busses to sit empty in traffic?

Saw a guy sprinting for the No.5 at CIT last night - pmsl. He was fairly short and his little legs were going like the clappers. What I couldn't understand was why he came out of the main door of the college than sprinted around by the delivery entrance rather than go straight through the path in the middle of the building site. The best bit was the bus was still there 5 minutes later :D

peasant express ftl....

probably a fresher who doesn't realise there would be plenty of time to walk to the other bus stop that bus goes to before going into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

oh the joys of the no. 8 bus. I had to take that bus for about 10yrs. all through school and a little after till i got a car. man I hated that bus. it was always man packed going for pana up to the northside too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Only getting 5 or 6 at this stage afaik. The rest are going to Dublin Bus.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

i was waiting an hour for the number 5 about two weeks ago - It was teeming down with rain, and by the end of it there were about 15 people stuck under the bus shelter, then one of the buses, comes up, packed full, slows down and then goes past, soaking all our feet

• Advertisement
Advertisement