Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whcih xbox console to get?

• 29-10-2008 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I will be getting an xbox 360 for christmas soon and i am just wondering which model to get.

I was generally going to just buy the arcade one. What benefits do the other versions have. I mean I dont need a big huge hard drive i really dont plan on storing alot of stuff on the console...

Anyway any help or tips appreciated!

Tahnks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

If you get the Arcade you won't be able to get the next software update due for the 360 in November, the hard drive is needed. Also there are games coming out which need the hard drive. Also games will be able to be installed to the drive for faster loading times after the update. The Pro and Elite are the same other than hard drive size and colour.

The Arcade model shold never have been released imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Get the 60gig harddrive one..the arcade one is useless since you cant store anything on it and as the other op said you wont get the new update thats coming out..its onlt an extra 50 or 60 like..well worth it in the longrun tbh and if you cant afford it,get some 20gig one thats still lining around as a hard drive is crucial no matter how small it is...ps dont go lower than the 20 gig one..trust me you will need the hard drive if you want to play online at all as some updates go into gigs in some games such as burnout

As with the above post, go with a decent hard drive size, 60GB +.
    I've got a 20GB hard drive, which at the moment is still plenty (and I've had the X-Box a year and a half) but to future proof it to some extent, you want to go as large as possible.
    The Elite model has a HDMI connection which is handy, though by no means necessary.
    All in all, go with the most expensive model you can afford! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

All models are pretty much identical bar the storage. All models now come with HDMI (although you only get a HDMI cable with the Elite).

If you are just looking to play games, not go online or anything, then I don't see the problem with the Arcade model. I think it is a good option for people who don't want to download demos etc. No you can't the new Xbox Live Experience but I think that's only a small point. Plus, if you want to get a hard drive a couple of months down the line there is nothing stopping you. YOu can be sure that a load of 20Gb hard drives will be going for dirt cheap on eBay.

In saying that the 60Gb model is currently only €180 in Tesco (they are having a 25% off all consoles).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

With the Elite you're paying the extra money for the extra storage and the HDMI cable. Bear in mind ya could get a HDMI cable for around a fiver that will do exactly the same job as one that's 100 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

If you've got a HDtv you gotta get yourself an elite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

If you've got a HDtv you gotta get yourself an elite.

Not really, ALL 360's(YES THAT EVEN INCLUDES THE ARCADE MODEL!!) have had a hdmi port for the last year or so now.All you need is a 3e hdmi cable from tesco and that'll do EXACTLY the same job as the hdmi lead that comes with the elite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

360 without a Hard Drive is a false economy.

*some* places may still be selling pre-HDMI units. Check the box for a HDMI marking - you may never use it, but it's better to have the option.

Advertisement