Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawking web cams

Options
  • 29-10-2008 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi all.
    I got a Hawking ip webcam, do i realy need a static ip ? i have try port forwarding but when my ip changes no oneout side my net work can see it
    any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

A few options...

You could use logmein on your PC to gain remote desktop access it. Run www.whatismyip.com which will give you your current Public IP address.

OR

Use an application (the name of it escapes me) that emails you with an update of your Public IP address

OR

Sign up with dyndns who assigns you a particular URL. You install an application on your PC which does the IP update. Some routers nowadays also support this. http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/dyndns/

OR

Apply for a Public IP address from your ISP

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webmanie

Hi
    humaxf1

Thanks for your help, i will have a go at the first two, and if i cant work them out i guess a st ip next .

Again thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

DYNDNS is the way to go tbh

MC

Hi Guys

Downloaded the DYNDNS program ok set up a .......com, thingy. but cant make head or tail out of it < when i got to my ......com it cant find it >
    any of u guys us a ip or set one up this way ?

PM me as I have a webcam setup using a dynamic IP and DYNDNS

MC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

Have a look at your router.

A lot have an option to automatically update your DYNDNS account so you won't have to keep your PC on all the time.

The Netopia from Eircom isn't one of them unfortunately.

MC

Spoke to eircom today ,

A st ip would cost another 28euro a month on top of the bb pack i got now !!! robbers !!!:mad:

You don't need a static IP, pm me again as in the instructions you sent me there are directions on how to set up dyndns.org on the Netopia via Telnet

MC

The Netopia from Eircom isn't one of them unfortunately.

MC

I correct myself as you can set this up using the telnet interface on the netopia 2247-02

BTW for everyone, we eventually got this working... :)

• Advertisement

Have to say Well done to MunsterCycling :o , I have a ip cam got it last Christmas ...... yea i know a year ago nearly , could not get it working if i kissed its ass ! but ALL thanks is due to MunsterCycling ,that its working now & online , so again thank you so much for all your help

Joe

Advertisement