Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lexus IS250 clutch problems

Options
  • 29-10-2008 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard of clutch sticking problems in the 2007 Lexus?

My parents reported to the garage that the clutch had stuck while they were driving and then the following day the same thing happened and my Mother crashed into the back of a truck. Luckily she was not hurt but she is very shocked and upset.

The garage are now refusing to look after it. What do they do? Does anyone know if there is a history of this with the 2007 Lexus clutch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

You could check on the relevant Lexus IS forums, although a quick glance on there didn't seem to reveal any major postings about clutches sticking.

www.my.is
    www.lexusownersclub.co.uk
    www.clublexus.com

If I were them I'd get it checked out by an independent mechanic or engineer and get him to do up a report on it if he finds anything astray with the clutch.

Just because they say it's not their problem doesn't mean it isn't. I remember a case a few years back (NB this is NOT a legal opinion) where Mercedes AG and their distributor were successfully sued in Ireland over a defective door design causing damage on the basis of an engineer's report.

The fact that your parents reported the problem to the garage and they appear to have done nothing about it is cause for concern. What did they say about the clutch when it was brought in before the crash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Id also ring Toyota or Lexus customer care and see what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

ive heard quite alot about this actually, happy it happened then rather then later... i.e ramming a police car and getting yer' self bated by gardi

lucky she got out alive though.... japs crush Very easy...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

S.I.R wrote: »
    ive heard quite alot about this actually, happy it happened then rather then later... i.e ramming a police car and getting yer' self bated by gardi

lucky she got out alive though.... japs crush Very easy...
    If you say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

To be honest they will resist doing anything, even a good will gesture, as they won't want to admit any responsibility for the accent...

Also the fault may of been reported to them, but the car was never taken to them. They could argue that your parents still felt it was safe to drive....

The clutch would not be considered a safety critical device on the car, as the person could always use the brakes to stop the vehicle, even if it did stick....

Probably not what you wanted to hear, just some of the arguments they might try...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

What do you mean the garage are refusing to look at it? Independent assessor's report is the way to go first off. As the insurance company probably know by now do your parents have legal cover on their policy? Hand over the assessors report to them and let hem deal with it but even if the clutch did stick there's always the brake pedal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of clutch sticking problems in the 2007 Lexus?

My parents reported to the garage that the clutch had stuck while they were driving and then the following day the same thing happened and my Mother crashed into the back of a truck. Luckily she was not hurt but she is very shocked and upset.

The garage are now refusing to look after it. What do they do? Does anyone know if there is a history of this with the 2007 Lexus clutch?

There'sa bit about it here : http://my.is/forums/f87/clutch-sticking-138557/index2.html#post1820432

Have a search for vehicle recalls too : http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/

Advertisement