Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama tv spot tonight

Options
  • 29-10-2008 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know what time Obamas big TV extravaganza is on tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,265 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

8:00 on all major networks bar CNN. Larry King has John McCain on at 9:00 though. Woo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Overheal wrote: »
    8:00 on all major networks bar CNN. Larry King has John McCain on at 9:00 though. Woo.
    Which part of America is that though? America crosses several time zones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

12.00 our time (Eire).
    Will be watching the Sky American stations to see will they broadcast it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Biggins wrote: »
    12.00 our time (Eire).
    Will be watching the Sky American stations to see will they broadcast it. :)
    Luckily I get Fox news.

Bill O'Reilly ftw.

Luckily I get Fox news

So do I but I can't take them serious LOL :D

• Advertisement

Obama will also be on The Daily Show tonight. Probably, for the last time EVAR.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It'll be on youtube the minute after it's broadcasted.

It'll be on youtube the minute after it's broadcasted.

Youtube's limit is 20 minute though isn't it. Guess someone will split it.
    Just as well I know where I can get my hands on the full avi when someone records it. :)

google video itself then. which has no such limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The Daily Show put all their shows on the site don't they...? Was watching some earlier today

• Advertisement

yep. the website has their entire archive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Just watched the first 7 minutes of that - it is very folksy etc., but its quite well put together. Follows the basic idea of state what you're gonna say, say it, then reiterate what you said. Example followed by how Obama's presidency will help. Quite well done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That is one hell of an advertisement.

That is one hell of an advertisement.

I agree. He comes across well. McCain must be quietly sick as he watched the 30 minute ad.
    Thanks Sad Professor for posting it on here. Much appreciated.

he never finished it with Im Barack Obama and I Approved This Message

so it doesnt count.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

he said it at the start

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

The ad blew me away. He hit all the right notes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

reminded me of that video peter made in family guy when he challenged Lois for the school council.

emotional garbage. At least mccain and bush are laughably bad at propoganda, this guy has an unnerving talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Very good and POSITIVE ad. Not one mention of McCain. How about that for a novel idea. Make it about why you should be president and not why the other guy shoud not be.

• Advertisement

Aye, it was thirty minutes without attacking McCain direct and/or in an abusive way that is the norm in American politics.
    Granted its made specifically to make him (and thus the Democratic party) shine, I still like the ad for the simple reason, he didn't resort to character assassination.

You might be a McCain supporter but could you seriously see the Republican party doing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

The significance of this TV item will only really be appreciated in mid 2009, when Obama is failing miserably on delivering on his promises.

The significance of this TV item will only really be appreciated in mid 2009, when Obama is failing miserably on delivering on his promises.

As they say... that remains to be seen. If that is the case, you can be sure the opposition will point this out in a flash during a re-election campaign.
    Until then, with all wildly possible predictions aside, with the democratic party in control of congress, I'd say he and his legal people stand more chance of passing the laws they want to pass, than not.

Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

You seem to think Obama WILL win Benedict..not like you at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I like the fact at no time he did mention McCain. Think McCain could do a similar advert? Even post it on youtube if he can't afford the TV time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How many times did he say "change"? Should have had a sweep-stakes on it.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Did someone say... drinking game? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,912 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

same can be said for any political campaign. I'm sure if McCain gets hte vote he will not be able to do all he has promised. I'm sure both men will try if they get the chance, but i'm equally sure both would fail to deliver on everything.

The real sinker for McCain was that all week he has been ridiculing Obama for his upcoming "Presidential Address" - when in fact it felt like nothing of the sort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

taconnol wrote: »
    The ad blew me away. He hit all the right notes.

co-edited by an Irish editor - Philip Owens.

:)

Advertisement