Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama tv spot tonight

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I don't know who it was aimed at but I doubt it swayed anyone.

At this late stage anyone who is going to vote McCain is *very* unlikely to change their mind and anyone who is still undecided is just plain mental.

My bet is that McCain will get a large % of the undecideds what with people sticking with what they know and if they haven't been convinced after 2 years to vote for Obama, a30-minute ad which didn't offer anything new isn't gonna change much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The Obama informercial was folksy, but well produced. It was reported that NBC and CBS had more viewers than during prior week 8PM Wednesday programming, and that Fox had a bit less with their World Series pregame show elimination and fifteen minute delay. Have reviewed the polls, and just eyeballing them, it would appear that nothing unexpected happened as a result of this informercial, suggesting that it did not have an effect one way or another?

I'm now tracking the Arnie Governator Factor. I took a shot of all the Ohio polls before Arnie endorsed McCain the night of 31 October (there have been no Ohio polls on Real Clear Politics since 30 October), and will track them for about 3 days to see if there is a swing like during the 2000 election from Gore to Bush.

Advertisement