Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palins Medical Records

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,277 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Tenner says an Abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fasterkitten

Or that Trig is actually her grandson.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I suspect that they are trying to leave it as close as possible to the election day so that there would not be enough time for others to do some serious digging behind the carefully worded report.
    Anything that is exposed in the little time left will have not as much exposure, etc.
    I suspect that afterwards with further investigation, is will become also clear that she is a great deal away from being the image she would like to portray herself as!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Vaginal reconstruction. It's the latest.

Ye-ah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Don't think there is anything to this myself. She is young and healthy I would imagine. Her medical records are probably quite boring but also long due to the number of kids she has. Obama hasn't exactly released detailed health records either but he is also young so not a big deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

It's either abortion or cosmetic surgery.
    Just gotta wonder was it done on tax payers money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Bit of a disgrace she has to release them. Surely even a vice president deserves that privacy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Bit of a disgrace she has to release them. Surely even a vice president deserves that privacy

I think its been a kind of tradition all candidates have done it in modern times afaik.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

voters kinda deserve to know if the people they are electing to office for the next four years hvae a chance of surviving those 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,277 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ludo wrote: »
    Obama hasn't exactly released detailed health records either but he is also young so not a big deal.
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=170286&title=Headlines---Obama%27s-Health-Records

;)

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »

Correct and right.
    Palin is the only one that has released nothing and even today is stalling and stalling...

Well, still no sign of them and people are asking questions...

See: http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/11/day-six-and-sti.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Why is there always this big splash about everything Palin? Why can't she just release the records and be done with it? It's expected of candidates for high office, so just do it and avoid all the behind-the-scene whispers.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Joking aside, I don't see why they should be released publicly. We all know about McCain but there's no need for public perusal of private physical records.

Back to the joking - I wonder if Mrs. Palin has any interesting moles or anything.......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Like it or not, Palin knows it's expected that she release her med records, she has had plenty of time, and she cannot claim ignorance (although I am wondering about the "ignorance" part). Why all the fuss?

This is just like Trooper Gate. First she tells the Alaskan bipartisan Legislative Committee (8 Republicans and 4 Democrats) in July 2008 that she will cooperate with the investigation and release all requested records, then the moment she is nominated for VP, she then uses executive privilege to block the release of records regarding Trooper Gate. This then causes a big splash in the media, when if she cooperated in the first place, it would have been a ripple.

Many suspect that she is trying to leave as little as possible time for her records to be looked into in greater detail before election day.

If there was nothing in them, they would have been out a long time ago but that just my own (and a few others it seems) opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

That's like asking why wouldn't Obama show his Senior Thesis from Colombia University when the media requested it. Sean Hannity assumed it was because there is suspect material about his economic alignment. The argument can be fired both ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Who gives a shyte?

What relevence has it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Hagar wrote: »
    Who gives a shyte?

What relevence has it?

If it turns out she had chlamydia at some point she'd lose a lot of votes. Though as that shouldn't matter I think it's pathetic for her having to release them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Bill Clinton never released his records IIRC and I am sure there was quite a ol' wounds to his weapon with all the philandering his through the years. I do not believe a woman running for office should have to release her Medical Records this pales in significance compared to Barack Hussein Obama II <(In case you wanna look it up) who has not released his Birth Certificate to the public domain.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

mumhaabu wrote: »
    Bill Clinton never released his records IIRC and I am sure there was quite a ol' wounds to his weapon with all the philandering his through the years. I do not believe a woman running for office should have to release her Medical Records this pales in significance compared to Barack Hussein Obama II <(In case you wanna look it up) who has not released his Birth Certificate to the public domain.

Has McCain released his? Or does he the just have the right look to get an exemption? BTW you can just say Barack Obama and people will know who you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,440 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Has anyone seen Mary Harney's?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

marco_polo wrote: »
    Has McCain released his? Or is he the just right colour to get an exemption. BTW you can just say Barack Obama and people will know who you are talking about.

"She (Sarah Palin) is the only one of the presidential or vice presidential candidates who has not released any health information about herself."

"ABC News has asked every day this week about the status of the release of information and received no updates from the campaign. It is unclear what is holding things up." Source: http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/10/still-no-medica.html

Why the delay?

**Could she be one of the Lizard People?**

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

"She (Sarah Palin) is the only one of the presidential or vice presidential candidates who has not released any health information about herself."

"ABC News has asked every day this week about the status of the release of information and received no updates from the campaign. It is unclear what is holding things up." Source: http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/10/still-no-medica.html

Why the delay?

**Could she be one of the Lizard People?**

They are not called Lizard People anymore. Repteople is the PC term.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Do you have to pass a medical to be a governor?
    It'd be funny if she was actually a dude at some point.

Nah, i reckon that down syndrome kid is totally her grandchild..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭28064212

mumhaabu wrote: »
    this pales in significance compared to Barack Hussein Obama II <(In case you wanna look it up) who has not released his Birth Certificate to the public domain.
    That should be just a straight out ban, you obviously haven't even gone as far as typing his name into Google.

Snopes page: http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp
    FactCheck.org: http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/has_obamas_birth_certificate_been_disclosed.html

Palin's medical records were released today: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/04/us/politics/04medical.html
    “Governor Palin is in excellent health and has no known health problems that would interfere with her ability to carry out the duties and obligations of the vice president of the United States of America,” Dr. Baldwin-Johnson wrote.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

28064212 wrote: »
    That should be just a straight out ban, you obviously haven't even gone as far as typing his name into Google.

A person should get banned for deliberately misinforming people in a post not just because they are making an honest mistake. If a user continues to post something after it's been shown to be false then we can look at a ban, or if they've a history of posting misinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,175 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Nah, i reckon that down syndrome kid is totally her grandchild..

Where the hell is that theory coming from, read a few times here now.

Would it not be more plausable that the child is hers, considering she had it late in life?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I'm in agreement with others who have said that candidates' medical records are none of our business.

OFC it is reasonable to expect a medical report - IE to ensure that the candidate has no outstanding illnesses which could compromise his/her ability to do the job.

Advertisement