Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids pelting rocks at moving cars Fr.Russell Road

Options
  • 29-10-2008 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

This happen to anyone this evening? was driving up the Fr.Russell road this evening with my wife and young son - next a thing a loud bang off the window where my son was sitting - scumbag kids had thrown a rock at our car - turned back, they ran off, we shouted at them a bit, and called the guards, they said they had other complaints and would send a car over. This isnt the first time, the guards have been on the Fr, Russell a bit recently.
    I believe its kids from an infamous limerick crime family, living close to the area - they have been terrorising kids from my estate. There was at least 20 of them - led by 2 or 3. im afraid next time some one could get seriously hurt. any comments anyone.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Langer wrote: »
    This happen to anyone this evening? was driving up the Fr.Russell road this evening with my wife and young son - next a thing a loud bang off the window where my son was sitting - scumbag kids had thrown a rock at our car - turned back, they ran off, we shouted at them a bit, and called the guards, they said they had other complaints and would send a car over. This isnt the first time, the guards have been on the Fr, Russell a bit recently.
    I believe its kids from an infamous limerick crime family, living close to the area - they have been terrorising kids from my estate. There was at least 20 of them - led by 2 or 3. im afraid next time some one could get seriously hurt. any comments anyone.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I know of two people who have had their cards pelted with rocks on Fr Russell Rd in recent weeks. I saw the Gardai talking to a few young fellas on the side of there last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I lived out there up till a a year ago and never seen any of this. It must be a recent thing.

Aidric wrote: »
    I lived out there up till a a year ago and never seen any of this. It must be a recent thing.

Ya since a number of families were rehoused out there as part of the regeneration.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Langer

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Ya since a number of families were rehoused out there as part of the regeneration.

hmm, what families i wonder. and which estates. im sick of the scumbags infesting our great city. really considering getting out once and for all. i dont want my kids growing up with these cretins living in close proximity.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

happened my friend as she dropped her sister to train station the other evening in roxboro. she rang the station, and the female garda asked "can you drop down to the station?".. what was that going to achieve?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Isn't Michael Noonan the local TD for that area? If enough residence raise the matter at his clinics then maybe he might get something done about it.

its a halloween thing, they're running out of bangers already, so will move on to throwing rocks at cars. parents need to take responsibility. these kids only want the cops called, for the chase. there's places u shouldnt drive next weekend, its the same every year. try around thomond park, or up past watergate flats friday evening, it'll be a miracle if ur not pelted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

Beat the b**tards.
    few years ago the auld fella was driving out Childers road (down near the parkway), and a young lad threw a pint of milk off the front windscreen of the car. So he drove on, turned at the roundabout, drove back and parked past them. So he got out , and walked towards them on the footpath, and they were none the wiser. he grabbed the culprit by the neck, and he almost sh*t himself (youngfella). His 2 mates ran off. He made him wipe the milk off the car windscreen with his jacket.
    I would have given him a few clouts to boot.
    I dunno, on another day it could have been the youngfellas giving him a hiding.....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,886 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh my.. this popped up on the main page and I thought the headline read:

"Kids pelting rocks at moving cars for Russell Brand"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

No experience of Fr Russell road.
    But my side mirror has been kicked twice on Mulgrave St last week and will cost a fortune if it happens again and I have to replace it.
    F*cking scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The betracksuited ones will surely destroy the city in time. Depressing. Can't see regeneration changing this. You can build and rebuild what you like. Scum are scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Exactly Topper.
    And I don't think moving them into new neighbourhoods helps, it just spreads their reign of terror even further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Maybe we should just sterilise all the members of these problem families? Just so future generations don't have to put up with the scummers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

If one of them throws a stone or milk or egg at you, turn the steering wheel towards these scum and hope for the best.....

If - as a result of THEIR actions - you couldn't see out your windscreen, then it's hardly going to be your fault if your car rolls over them, now is it ?

On a serious note - yeah, it's kinda scary that reasonable people end up thinking so right-wing as to suggest sterilising a sub-culture, but this "right to have a child" does need to be reviewed......if you're prepared to bring one up properly, fine, but if you're gonna let them run riot and do damage, then it's a liability to normal people.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

BarryCreed wrote: »
    Beat the b**tards.
    few years ago the auld fella was driving out Childers road (down near the parkway), and a young lad threw a pint of milk off the front windscreen of the car. So he drove on, turned at the roundabout, drove back and parked past them. So he got out , and walked towards them on the footpath, and they were none the wiser. he grabbed the culprit by the neck, and he almost sh*t himself (youngfella). His 2 mates ran off. He made him wipe the milk off the car windscreen with his jacket.
    I dunno, on another day it could have been the youngfellas giving him a hiding.....

When I was in first year in UL (2005) I was on a bus coming down Childers Road during Halloween week. I had headphones in but heard some sort of a bang and then realised everyone was looking at me. Turned my head to the window that I was sitting beside and some brat and thrown a brick at it and shattered it. It didn't collapse in or anything but if the brick had come though my head would certainly have stopped it.

Earlier that week I was coming from the train station to William Street and a group of knacks throw a banger at me. They burnt the top of my leg and my hand and I couldn't hear properly for ages. I'm now petrified of fireworks and loud noises.

As a result of these two incidences I never go into Limerick after dark, except with a group and never ever drive down Childers Road after night. Halloween is my least favourite time of the year and I can't wait to go home tomorrow. They ruin it for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

basquille wrote: »
    Oh my.. this popped up on the main page and I thought the headline read:

"Kids pelting rocks at moving cars for Russell Brand"

:D

Welcome to Limerick basquille, but don't get too excited if you see posts about Moy"Ross" either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

BarryCreed wrote: »
    Beat the b**tards.

Just goes to show if you stand up to a lot of these little sh1tbags they turn into quivering wimps.....but I do take your point that you cant rule out a knife or something being pulled on you too :(

Just goes to show if you stand up to a lot of these little sh1tbags they turn into quivering wimps.....but I do take your point that you cant rule out a knife or something being pulled on you too :(

Get your retaliation in first and start firing rocks at any youngster you see in the vicinity of Fr Russell Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

My car was flour bombed and egged on Sunday night, where the feck are these kids parents??

check the tatler thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

nah they aint that old yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

my car has been hit twice recently - and on each occasion it has seemed like a very deliberate (planned) and vicious act to me. i wish there was a way to avoid it! but i've no idea how their minds work or what triggers such behaviour. perhaps i'm doing something wrong? driving too fast/slow? looking at them? not looking at them? no idea... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

simple enough to avoid it. carry a golf club get out of the car and flog the little pricks

Advertisement