Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Graphics card problems

• 29-10-2008 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so ive just finished buliding my first pc and its all going great but for some reason my graphics card is not being detected. Atm all im getting is the motherboard vga and no matter what it just wont detect or even recognise the card even though the screen is connected to it.
    Any ideas? is my card bust?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Graphics card drivers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

What graphics card do you have?
    What mother board do you have?
    Which operating system Operating system are you using?
    Did you install the drivers that came with the card? if so download the latest from the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Reseat the card a few times..
    Make sure that there is not a setting in the BIOS to choose which graphics card to boot to..
    Check the compatibility of the card with the board, but I assume that you have done this already..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Embarassing enough it was the drivers thanks guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

VinLieger wrote: »
    Embarassing enough it was the drivers thanks guys

LOL happens. I remember i called up Samsung about a problem i had with a Surround sound decoder... The first thing he asked me is if it was plugged in!!! thinking that i couldnt be that stupid i said yes. Half way through the phone call i realised it was in fact plugged out!!! Hung up straight away to save myself the embarrasment!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement