Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Full car respray??

Options
  • 29-10-2008 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi guys, Was wondering does anyone know how much it costs to get a full car respray??? Where is the cheapest place and does anyone recommend any particular place?? In Dublin woould be preferrable...

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's normally prohibitively expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Cheap body work repairs = bad body work repairs.

I can recomend you a CHEAP garage a full respray would set you back about €800 or a proper job looking 2.5 - 3K

I used to be a Panel beater / spray painter and there is alot of labour and stripping on the car for a full respray.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,458 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

a few things:

a decent respray will cost around €3k
    if you want to change (e.g) from a red car to a blue car, just buy a blue car
    a car that's been resprayed will always be worth less than one in good nick that hasn't

There is no solution to a bad respray job other than repainting. only use a reputable company, see examples of their work and get someone who knows the difference between a good and bad job (if you don't) to look at this work too.

What kind of car is it, and why do you need a full respray?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fintanlacey

Cheers everyone, all the advice is really appreciated...

My car is an 06 Nissan Almera car van 2.2 Diesel its worth about €16000, with 10,000Km on the clock so very new for a diesel....

..... its not really an option just to buy a black car as with the recession crap the car isnt worth any where near what I paid....

....so I would lose my arse just changing...,

Its currently silver and I want to change it to black as Im thinkin of doing it up ...

Body kit, tinted windows, lexus clusters and black alloys etc...

But really want the car black... so really want to go ahead with a spray job....

but need advice big time on where to go to get a good job that will give me a good price if I get a good few bits done with them...

Thanks folks...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Don't bother. Save your money for more important things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

..... its not really an option just to buy a black car as with the recession crap the car isnt worth any where near what I paid...Its currently silver and I want to change it to black as Im thinkin of doing it up ... Body kit, tinted windows, lexus clusters and black alloys etc...

Your plan is financial suicide. You're taking a perfectly good car, paying to depreciate it with a respray, then paying some more to completely destroy it's resale value with dodgy mods.

However, if it makes you happy, go ahead. But a better plan would be to sell your current car, find a pre-ruined car to your taste, and save a few thousand and a lot of effort.

Bear in mind that you don't lose money when selling a car, you lose it whilst you own it. The sale just realises the paper loss. If you switch from one car to another of the same price and age, you won't lose anything (other than dealer margins, if you use a dealer).

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

My car is an 06 Nissan Almera car van 2.2 Diesel its worth about €16000, with 10,000Km on the clock so very new for a diesel....

Being honest, the car is worth at least €5k less. Although the mileage is low, '06 almeras are ranging from 14k - 8k. There is no demand for them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sounds like you'll be putting at least 5k into tarting it up? Sorry, but the end result sounds like it's going to be pretty tacky. Lexus lights are nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,116 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Cheers everyone, all the advice is really appreciated...

..... its not really an option just to buy a black car as with the recession crap the car isnt worth any where near what I paid....

....so I would lose my arse just changing...,

Its currently silver and I want to change it to black as Im thinkin of doing it up ...

Body kit, tinted windows, lexus clusters and black alloys etc...

But really want the car black... so really want to go ahead with a spray job....

but need advice big time on where to go to get a good job that will give me a good price if I get a good few bits done with them...

Thanks folks...

please dont

1) its an almera, its not a sporty car, its slow, dont try make it look sporty, its not possible

2) thats not doing it up, that sounds like ruining it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Whats wrong with silver?

Put a nice set of 17in alloys on, lower it slightly and semi tint the windows. Would stand out a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Don Dupre

Look, the guy wants to do something, which may not be your idea of a good idea, maybe crazy, maybe ridiculous, whatever, but he asked a simple question. Just answer it and stop being such a bunch of killjoys.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Don Dupre wrote: »
    Look, the guy wants to do something, which may not be your idea of a good idea, maybe crazy, maybe ridiculous, whatever, but he asked a simple question. Just answer it and stop being such a bunch of killjoys.

Aye i agree with that some what. Although a respray would be dead money, and could be hard sell on again, and if the job is done wrong, well you know yourself.

As said, silver can look very well done up. But if must is a must, you could be looking at 2-3k for a full respray. If your putting on a bodykit etc. etc. make sure to have all the bits that your getting sprayed to be sprayed at the same time. It should cost less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Don Dupre wrote: »

3rd post down.

Welcome to boards.ie!

Advertisement