Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop Street fight

Options
  • 29-10-2008 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Anyone see the 2 lads batin' the sh!te out of each other on Shop Street today (Wednesday)? They were punching and kicking each other outside Brown Thomas at around 2pm. One of them had a lot of blood coming from his head. Then they ended up scrapping on the pavement and one lad bit the other fella's ear.

The cops arrived and battoned them, handcuffed them and took them away. Lot's of people seem to be recording it on their mobiles so I'd expect tp see it up on YouTube soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Anyone see the 2 lads batin' the sh!te out of each other on Shop Street today (Wednesday)? They were punching and kicking each other outside Brown Thomas at around 2pm. One of them had a lot of blood coming from his head. Then they ended up scrapping on the pavement and one lad bit the other fella's ear.

The cops arrived and battoned them, handcuffed them and took them away. Lot's of people seem to be recording it on their mobiles so I'd expect tp see it up on YouTube soon.

Bollocks, I miss out on all the fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

/eagerly awaits YouTube link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

****ing random...were they pished?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Well that just sounds like a good night on the town

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

They probably both found the i102 robber at the same time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭eyresquare

Yep i was there and got a video of it.Twas a good 5 minutes :D

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2SKXejbG8g

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gumVNCyi7sY

sorry about bad quality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Awwwww I wanted to see the Gardai baton heads!! Can't make out any skull on baton action there.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

eyresquare wrote: »
    Yep i was there and got a video of it.Twas a good 5 minutes :D

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2SKXejbG8g

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gumVNCyi7sY

sorry about bad quality

:D:D:D What the Hell is that all about?? This town is mental. In fairness, give them a ring and let them box, they look like they know how to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

the midterm has brought the scumbags onto the streets.
    i was walking to BOI on eyre square when a stone whizzed past me. there was a bunch of tracksuit wearing teens throwing stones at a taxi at the rank. the driver who was black got out and shouted at them and they started hurling racial abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dosman

Bonkers!

There's something really disturbing about two grown men scrapping Marquis of Queensberry stylee in the middle of the day in the busiest street in town, watched in silence by shoppers.

They obviously really don't give a flying feck...

dosman wrote: »

Who? the shoppers? Good luck to anyone trying to break that up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dosman

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    Who? the shoppers? Good luck to anyone trying to break that up!!

No, the two dudes boxing. Nutters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Bonkers!

There's something really disturbing about two grown men scrapping Marquis of Queensberry stylee in the middle of the day in the busiest street in town, watched in silence by shoppers.

stupid knacks! they would ground and pound if they had any cop on a all. Now that'd be a fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    i was walking to BOI on eyre square when a stone whizzed past me. there was a bunch of tracksuit wearing teens throwing stones at a taxi at the rank. the driver who was black got out and shouted at them and they started hurling racial abuse.

Was this in broad daylight?

Was this in broad daylight?

yes...check out the youtube clip! I say we set up a boxing ring on shop st. The americans would love to see mad irish men bare-knuckle fighting and battering sh!te out of each other. Then hand around free pints of Guinness. What a way to feed the stereotype and keep the tourist board happy! We could even branch out into midget bare knuckle fights and pass them off as leprechauns...oh the possibilities! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Just saw youtube video. Got bored after the first couple of minutes. they looked they were auditioning for Strictly Come Dancing. Posers...ha ha

And Knackers wonder why we look look down on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

The americans would love to see mad irish men bare-knuckle fighting and battering sh!te out of each other. Then hand around free pints of Guinness. What a way to feed the stereotype and keep the tourist board happy! We could even branch out into midget bare knuckle fights and pass them off as leprechauns...oh the possibilities! :pac:

This.

Pure trash, they should be locked up and kept away from society.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Was it a prize fight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I wonder who's mother was mentioned first to start that sissy fight...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Check your payslips - you've paid enough to this scum; least they could do is repay us by getting baton-ed for our entertainment :p

- That or a shotgun blast to the right eyeball would suit nicely too......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

:D:D:D What the Hell is that all about?? This town is mental. In fairness, give them a ring and let them box, they look like they know how to!

Far more posing than an actual boxing technique going on there, footwork is seriously ****e
    yes...check out the youtube clip! I say we set up a boxing ring on shop st. The americans would love to see mad irish men bare-knuckle fighting and battering sh!te out of each other. Then hand around free pints of Guinness. What a way to feed the stereotype and keep the tourist board happy! We could even branch out into midget bare knuckle fights and pass them off as leprechauns...oh the possibilities! :pac:

lol, id say there must have been a few american tourists going by at the time, they'll go home convinced thats the norm over here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

JIZZLORD wrote: »

****, would love to give people like that a good kicking. Fella should have ran the ***** over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

gob****es

Worse is people actually entertaining them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Just wondering, these guys got arrested and are obviously going to end up in court.

Could/Would the you-tube videos be used as evidence???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

gob****es

Worse is people actually entertaining them!

Well would you step in and try and stop a bare-knuckle pikey fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

What a disgrace. Another fine testament to our town here, all over the internet. Bloody idiots, I hope they get more than a few hundred euro fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Thats the style, nothing like a few guards kneeling on your back to clear the head.

Advertisement