Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatles coming to Rock Band

Options
  • 29-10-2008 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭

link

That's quite a get. They'll be damn fun to play, especially at parties.

EDIT: Another source link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

Massive massive coup for MTV & Harmonix.

I'd imagine it will be a standalone disc with the ability to import tracks into RB2 like AC/DC.

Going to sell millions.. Its the BEATLES... OMG...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Am I only person who doesn't care? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Beatles coming to Rock Band

Oh no they aren't.... Looks like its going to be a brand new cash in game.
    or months Activision and MTV have been angling to get the Beatles' songs in Guitar Hero and Rock Band, respectively. Well, the battle's now over. So will the Beatles' songs be in Rock Band or Guitar Hero? Neither of them, actually.

MTV and Apple Corp., the company that manages the rights to the Beatles' songs, have announced a standalone music game featuring the Beatles. No exact set list was announced but it will offer a variety of tracks from throughout their career. Like Rock Band, the Beatles game will be developed by Harmonix. As such, it'll utilize many gameplay elements from Rock Band and support the Rock Band instruments.

Not much else was revealed beyond that. No mention of what platforms it'll be released on, but it's not hard to imagine it'll hit the wide range that Rock Band 2 did. It's due before the 2009 holidays.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/MTV-Announces-Beatles-Music-Game-13114.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

No. But I bet I care less than you ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

i care even lesser than you all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

*plop*
    Seriously, the majority of popular Beatles songs were so simplistic, they'd be as boring, if not more boring to play than Bulls on Parade was in GHIII

With the exception of Day Tripper, that would rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Beatles in Rock Band........ YAY!

Oh wait... Drums + Guitar on beatles tracks? That's gonna be boring :( Vocals will be fun though.

While I love the beatles songs, they are very slow and will be crap for drummers/guitarists..

Personally, I play all instruments and I was really disappointed with the difficulty on some of the recent Nirvana tracks that became available for download. One song has 8 notes on expert!!!! (polly).. The highest score on xbox live is 250... Yes... 250 points for an expert song.. What is wrong with that? They should either have made up a slow drum beat for the whole song, or taken it out like they did with Vocals on YYZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Cully wrote: »
    Beatles in Rock Band........ YAY!.

Nope, its a whole new game with no Rock Band branding!!

Which means it won't be boring dlc... YAY! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Personally, I play all instruments and I was really disappointed with the difficulty on some of the recent Nirvana tracks that became available for download. One song has 8 notes on expert!!!! (polly)

That's probably because Cobain couldn't actually play guitar. He just strangled the living sh*t out of it until he could get that wailing sound out of it. I'm pretty sure that's how they came up with the solo for In Bloom.

One song has 8 notes on expert!!!! (polly)

Does its really have only 8 notes??? what instrument??

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Does its really have only 8 notes??? what instrument??

"Nirvana - Polly" on the newer Nirvana DLC pack has only 8 notes in TOTAL on Expert drums.

and when I say 8 notes... I'm pretty sure it's only 4 double hits... as in 2 pads at the same time.

Easiest (and most boring) 100% achievement I ever got :(
    ShawnRaven wrote: »
    That's probably because Cobain couldn't actually play guitar. He just strangled the living sh*t out of it until he could get that wailing sound out of it. I'm pretty sure that's how they came up with the solo for In Bloom.

Which is kinda the same reason why I think beatles in rock band would be boring.. cos the beats are so slow.. no bass... slow guitar, etc.

but then.. this isn't in rock band.. it's some other program someone is making, so no issue.. this one looks like it'll be aimed at oldies :P (50+)

Easiest (and most boring) 100% achievement I ever got :(

Class!!! Will be giving this a go this evening so!!

Advertisement