Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't understand how someone could do this

Options
  • 30-10-2008 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

This is a little bit of a vent, I'm just shocked at this.

He paid a lot of money to buy a miniature jack russell. He got her at about 7 weeks old and only really fed her. I don't know if he brought her for walks, his reasoning was that she was in the back garden all the time could run around there.

He gave the dog to someone I know to mind for a few weeks. First the dog stunk, it had never gotten a wash(it's about 5/6 months old now). For a dog that was left outside all the time she didn't want to go out the first day she was there. There is also another pup(normal jack russell) about the same age where she is now, the little pup didn't know how to play with the other one! The were both put outside for a bit(the weather wasn't too bad then) The little one just sat at the door shivering, I brought her inside and wrapped her up. I also noticed that her breathing was heavy. Someone else noticed that her collar was too tight and loosened it, to me it still felt a little tight and loosened it another bit. Later someone was holding her when she looked up, I just saw sores where the collar was too tight. It was loosened probably about an inch(this dog it a foot long at most, she's tiny) I don't think the collar was ever loosened when he had her. As for her heavy breathing it got alot worse, bad enough to make the people that have her now think that she was going to be dead the next morning. It made it to the vet and she and a lung infection, the vet was even supprised at how bad it was.

I don't understand how this guy could want a dog and then completely ignore it. To make it worse he thinks he did nothing wrong! He thinks since he fed her and gave her a dog house she was fine. I don't understand people like this. The good news is, is that he's not getting the dog back, the people that have it now have said it to him and he's not that bothered about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

God that makes my blood boil. Unfortunately he's not the only one like that out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Thats a depressing story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

jesus, if that depresses you I would reccomend you don't pay any attention to news out of africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Mordeth wrote: »
    jesus, if that depresses you I would reccomend you don't pay any attention to news out of africa.

What? So just because one story is more depressing than another a person should not be depressed by less serious one? Give me a break.

Anyway, horrible treatment of the poor animal. At least it will now have a more caring home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Noopti wrote: »
    What? So just because one story is more depressing than another a person should not be depressed by less serious one? Give me a break.

Don't feed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

poor little dog, I love the little jrt's, they are so sweet and unbelievably tiny. hopefully she'll learn to have fun with other dogs now that she's in a nice home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭hattie-f

I dont know how people can do that
    Alot of people leave their poor dogs outside in all weather they never get inside a house at all. it annoys me.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Skittles!

I've seen people do that a lot too Hattie. I hope some people don't really mean to be that cruel to their pets. I think it's lack of education mostly - I know some people who've brought animals and have no idea how to take care of it. They don't even know basic things like how often they're supposed to feed it and what to feed it. I got into a bit of an argument with a friend once because she kept trying to feed my cats fried food. :(

Advertisement