Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palin ready to run for president in 2012..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

My theory that she is a Democratic party mole gains credibility with every day...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

She is really throwing McCain under the bus.

Still she would have 4 years to learn how to do interviews, go to a few countries, read up on foreign policy. Who knows!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

cooker3 wrote: »
    She is really throwing McCain under the bus.

Still she would have 4 years to learn how to do interviews, go to a few countries, read up on foreign policy. Who knows!

...heaven help America!

Seriously, no. I think the Republican Party will opt for someone else stronger, cleaner and willing to toe the party line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Just another shock and react factor to the people

The the top elites, are playing football, and everyone is jumping to it.

She is stupid and moronic. It's an insult to humanity that, its making world issues, election races, public figures and politics into a football game.

That is the reality!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

McCain created a Frankenstein with Palin.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

McCain created a Frankenstein with Palin.

I don't think he created it - he just let it out of the cold/box called "Alaska" into the heat of the camera lights.

Is it me, or what?

That this world has just gone completely nuts? Ever since 9/11, there has been so much nonsense, conspiracy, war, lies, paranoia and crazy people going as presidents in America. Now finacial crisis, is it all such a coincidence ;)

Now we have a womam, not Hillary (even we thought Hilary was not contender to win). Now we have a black president running and will win. Now we a stupid Alaskan president running for 2012:eek: Does anyone see an alarming pattern here, again is this stupid to point out?

Honestly who ever has been the threshold of power behind bush and all these conspiracies, is not a good being at all:mad:

The world is seriously gone nuts...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

She has my vote!

For Ms. Milf Universe!

Also, maybe president of Lichenstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,264 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The GOP would never have her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Lawlord007

mysterious wrote: »
    Is it me, or what?

Now we have a womam, not Hillary (even we thought Hilary was not contender to win). Now we have a black president running and will win. Now we a stupid Alaskan president running for 2012:eek: Does anyone see an alarming pattern here, again is this stupid to point out?

The world is seriously gone nuts...........

A little stupid, but mainly ignorant.

As for Palin, does this imply that she WANTS McCain to lose? Presumably, she would prefer to be President rather than VP and this can apparently happen only if McCain loses.

In any event, the only happy people hearing this news are the ones at Saturday Night Live.

• Advertisement

Lawlord007 wrote: »
    A little stupid, but mainly ignorant.

As for Palin, does this imply that she WANTS McCain to lose? Presumably, she would prefer to be President rather than VP and this can apparently happen only if McCain loses.

In any event, the only happy people hearing this news are the ones at Saturday Night Live.

If it was stupid to say, and ignorant, how was it???

BTW I'm not paying attention on her stance, as what she wants to do. She obviously is really really unsuitable for this job. She shouldn't be representing the world, as she hasn't a bulls notion on REALITY. She keeps clarifying that with the crapology shes getting into during interviews. The only reality she knows is Wallsilla in Alaska, where she has brought her way into been a governer overnight pratically, and only been in this job, for just two years. She has arrogance oozing out of her, like she knows everything now, its laughable the way she behaves to be quite honest. It's actually painful to hear some of the stuff she says. "Oh we are mavericks" etc. Give me a break.............

"Oh I hate Washington politics" what the hell is she marching to Washington if she hates it that much.

"Oh I know alot about Foriegn Policy because we are neighbours with a vast nation Russia, and you can see Russia from some parts of the land over here in Alaska".

If anyone thinks these are intellegent things to say, then they are obviously are just as lost and ignorant as she is.

All of a sudden,
    She jump's from representing a very small population in Alaska, where to now facing global population of 6.5 billion where most of the world didn't know her less than a month ago. She was just the reactor for the Republican party, and she did that purpose, nothing else. Now shes getting off on it. She was not obviously picked on her stance on intellegence that's for sure. She is behaves stupidly. She throws shots at everyone, doesn't think before she speaks. The list is endless.

I'm sure McCain is regretting it now.

I would like to ask you what it is that I said that was ignorant.
    I'm just stating facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Lawlord007

I would like to ask you what it is that I said that was ignorant.
    I'm just stating facts.

Your post implied to me, and I deeply apologise if this was not your intention, that women and black people should not be considered for President.

I completely agree with you as regards Palin. She should not be President because she is incredibly stupid, not because she is a woman.

You know she never did say she could see Russia from her house, right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

yeah but she's brain dead anyway.Ohh hang on so is the current president.Shes perfect for the job:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Lets have less of the insults and more actuall discussion.

Personally, I think the GOP will shift away from ultra-conservatism after this. If the polls are to prove true, America will have spoken and many will examine the arrival of Palin on the campaign as the (down) turning point.

I still think Pawlenty will be the GOP candidate in 2012, he is conservative, but young intelligent and popular and knows the landscape of his politics well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Overheal wrote: »

Here is what she actually said - lacking intelligence sums it up really.

Wtf is up with that link?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nokTjEdaUGg

Jeb Bush 2012????? He is the intelligent one but I guess his chances have been ruined by big bro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

She is considered stupid over this side of the atlantic but you have to remember in the USA nothing else matters except the USA, the world revolves around it and there's no real need for the rest of the world, Palin's bible bashing goes down well with a lot of americans, foreign policy - meh, that's what we have foreign policy advisors for.

I refuse to believe there wasn't anyone better to run for VP in the republican party but I think we're starting to see that congress is the place were you can have a lot of power and influence without the world spotlight. Lets face it if you were a senator with a few years experience and a good party base in your home state why would you want to take on all the extra work for so much potentially negative exposure.

The past 3 presidential elections have produced incredibly bad candidates for both President and VP, it's starting to look like nobody wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Oh Mrs Palin you made milk come out of my nose. I think she is a victim of her own media. I mean face it. The GOP can't say she isn't credible to run the country as she is running for VP. So if she believes that she has to believe she could do it in 2012.

But she hasn't a chance of running for 2012. If she did then it shows how bad the state of the GOP is.

She said you can see it from Alaska and used that as a basis to claim she was capable to handle other countries. Of course you can only see it from a certain island in Alaska and she never visted it. So she doesn't have forigen policy experience by her standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Hobbes wrote: »
    Oh Mrs Palin you made milk come out of my nose. I think she is a victim of her own media. I mean face it. The GOP can't say she isn't credible to run the country as she is running for VP. So if she believes that she has to believe she could do it in 2012.

But she hasn't a chance of running for 2012. If she did then it shows how bad the state of the GOP is.

She said you can see it from Alaska and used that as a basis to claim she was capable to handle other countries. Of course you can only see it from a certain island in Alaska and she never visted it. So she doesn't have forigen policy experience by her standards.

Hey hobbes you forgot to mention that she mentioned Alsask has a land border with Canada, which at least she knows is a foreign country ;)
    Although I bet there are a few people in Yukon worried she would remember which direction to point the missiles :rolleyes:

She is an idiot and as pointed out by some savvy young Alaskan women the caliber of Alaskan politicans is dire and thus she looked half decent and got elected governor.
    There is no way she would make a valid candidate as she polarises opinion too much.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

Just for stating her willingness to run for president in 2012, I think McCains people will throw her under a bus as soon as the campaign is over. Every negative detail of what happened behind the scenes will be released and she will be blamed for the loss.

At best she will fade into obscurity, at worst her attempt to get the presidential nomination will split the republican party in half between the moderates and the conservatives.

• Advertisement

Lawlord007 wrote: »
    Your post implied to me, and I deeply apologise if this was not your intention, that women and black people should not be considered for President.

I completely agree with you as regards Palin. She should not be President because she is incredibly stupid, not because she is a woman.

Thanks for the apology. No there is nothing wrong with been a black president or a women president

But I do personally think there are put there, to cause this stir and reaction. When the American people are fed nonsense about the world, and America is still behind other countries when its comes to genders, race, sexual orientation and the likes. The Media over there is directly responsible.

Like we all know the elites and media brainwash the masses, and make us hate each other, fight each other etc. This is how they take power from us, if they get us to divide and separate. There is more of us then they are of them. So they need us to fight wars and get distracted over trivial issues.

They need us to vote for them, by us giving them our power. War is one of the best ways, to get us to vote for them.

I.e Bush said we will win the "war on terror" so people support him. The USA media is incredibly biased. For example they make muslims out to be the dirt of humanity, I was in America to witness it. I have American friends who behave so racisist against other nationalities, its beyond ignorant. The patriotism and arrogance is spoon fed to them by T.V.

That I just find it alarming that a women and black presidential nomine were selected at this time. My conspiracy of this, is that they are just puppets picked to create this actual controversary over racsism. As it's already shown right now with Obama.

Like to Alot of Americans, if you said there is nothing wrong with been Musclim they would look at you and say your deluded. I honestly feel Obama was picked for the shock factor. Nothing else. I can garentee you the American public will still be dumbfounded if he became president, even if the polls and reality suggest he will likely be the next president of America.

There are behind agendas, to all these puppets representing America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

But I do personally think there are put there, to cause this stir and reaction. When the American people are fed nonsense about the world, and America is still behind other countries when its comes to genders, race, sexual orientation and the likes. The Media over there is directly responsible.
    Well you're wrong. Obama has been thought of as a potential candidate for over 4 years now, he was even known when I was in college in Chicago, although honestly, most were thinking that he would wait til 2012.

Clinton was always going to run for President and there are few with as a high a profile for it in the democratic party.

If you knew anything about American politics you would know that their nominations have little to do with race or gender.
    Like we all know the elites and media brainwash the masses, and make us hate each other, fight each other etc. This is how they take power from us, if they get us to divide and separate. There is more of us then they are of them. So they need us to fight wars and get distracted over trivial issues.
    If by "elite" you mean "people who know and understand politics" then I don't really see your point.

That I just find it alarming that a women and black presidential nomine were selected at this time. My conspiracy of this, is that they are just puppets picked to create this actual controversary over racsism. As it's already shown right now with Obama.
    With due respect, your opinion is woefully ill informed.
    Like to Alot of Americans, if you said there is nothing wrong with been Musclim they would look at you and say your deluded. I honestly feel Obama was picked for the shock factor. Nothing else. I can garentee you the American public will still be dumbfounded if he became president, even if the polls and reality suggest he will likely be the next president of America.
    Odd, I'm an American and I see nothing wrong with being Muslim. There are plenty of Muslims in America.
    There are behind agendas, to all these puppets representing America.
    I think you're reading into things that aren't there.

As has already been stated, Obama has been a potential candidate since he got to the Senate, and the Democratic Party wanted him to go for it before he got his hands too dirty in the Senate (getting tangled up in controversial bills; abortion; stem cells; gay rights; etc.) according to PBS's Frontline, anyway, that is why he didnt wait until 2012. and Hillary has been thought of as a potential nominee since Bush got elected. She was as much responsible for Bill's success in the white house as he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭nytraveller

The USA media is incredibly biased. For example they make muslims out to be the dirt of humanity, I was in America to witness it. I have American friends who behave so racisist against other nationalities, its beyond ignorant. The patriotism and arrogance is spoon fed to them by T.V.

First of all the US media IS NOT FOX NEWS!! The media here happens to be very liberal.

Secondly, you need new American friends!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ludo wrote: »
    Here is what she actually said - lacking intelligence sums it up really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nokTjEdaUGg

Jeb Bush 2012????? He is the intelligent one but I guess his chances have been ruined by big bro.
    I just had to turn it off....... she's worse than Bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

GuanYin wrote: »
    Lets have less of the insults and more actuall discussion.

Personally, I think the GOP will shift away from ultra-conservatism after this. If the polls are to prove true, America will have spoken and many will examine the arrival of Palin on the campaign as the (down) turning point.

I still think Pawlenty will be the GOP candidate in 2012, he is conservative, but young intelligent and popular and knows the landscape of his politics well.

Im still stunned that Pawlenty did not get the nod for the VP slot. He would have been ideal.

I think there is a big battle on for the heart and soul of the GOP in the next couple of years. I think the evangelicals will jump on Palin (assuming no major scandals) and the moderates will go for Romney. Could be fascinating...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

She'll probably run for it alright but I can't honestly see her winning the nomination simply because of the fairly sizeable number of senior members of the Republican Party who have come out and been critical of Palin's selection.

Advertisement