Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An amateur looking for guidance

• 30-10-2008 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi there,
    I'm looking to get involved in acting and although I haven't acted in years, I'm well used to performing in front of large crowds as a musician both fronting bands and playing solo. I've always felt that I'd have something to offer but have never really followed through with it, largely because I've been heavily involved in music for the last number of years.

I'm sure I'm not the only relative novice with these thoughts but I have to take the plunge and start somewhere! I'm in my early 30s & based in Dublin; does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

How about a class? The drama league of Ireland (www.dli.ie) run classes on two levels of experience that are quite good and more affordable than some of the theatre schools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

I have the perfect suggestion! If you wanted to flex your dramatic muscles and start somewhere then come along to the Boards Drama group, now named ironically 'No Drama Theatre company'. We all found each other (not in a romantic way) through boards and have been meeting up every Tuesday upstairs in Anseo on Camden st. The doors are always open and it is always a bit of craic. We have a tutor, Brian, who is brilliant and new people join every week so there is no need to be shy. At the moment we are trying to get a play together so we are on the move. this is the link
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1089
    and we would love to see you there.
    Take it easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 BlackieConnors

Thanks for the help guys, both sound great. I'm going to try and make the Boards drama class on Tuesday nite and see how I get on before trying classes.

Cheers again.

Advertisement