Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slingbox in Ireland using UPC

Options
  • 30-10-2008 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Does anyone know if the Slingbox works with the UPC Service? If so, could I purchase a Slingbox from the US and it work in Irleland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Can't see why not. I'm with BT myself and my Slingbox works fine. Expansys were doing slingbox classics for around €69 a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭obsydion

Bluefrog wrote: »
    Can't see why not. I'm with BT myself and my Slingbox works fine. Expansys were doing slingbox classics for around €69 a few weeks ago.

Gone up to €85 now :( I've been scouring the forum for more examples of UPC ireland customers using a slingbox but it seems to be a relatively new gadget. Anyone else have it set up with their UPC subscription in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yes, I'm using the SlingBox Classic (bought from Expansys when it was on offer) with UPC Digital - works justs fine... The only problem with a US one I can think of is that the built-in tuners (the Classic has a bog-standard analog tuner) will not support Irish/European broadcasts but if you are using an external cable box (like you would with UPC Digital or Sky), then it shouldn't really matter.

Advertisement