Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best "filler" episode

• 30-10-2008 1:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine is always moaning about filler episodes

Well what do you think? What is the best non filler episode because whenever we talk best episodes its mainly story arc episodes?

I suppose a hundred days and window of oppertunity are 2 great "filler" episodes and thats all i can think of now really

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,644 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Dont forget Wormhole Extreme and 200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

Foothold, 2010,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

DesignLady wrote: »
    Foothold, 2010,

2010 is a goodin alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

This made me think. When did we start thinking about standalone episodes as fillers anyway? Just because they're not part of an arc it doesn't mean they're bad. Most of the early SG-1 eps were standalone and back in the TNG days it was normal! Outsiders got terrible reviews on gateword with most people complaining because it was a 'filler' but I thought it was just nice old fashioned weekly sci-fi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Standalone episodes became fillers, and hence bad, when the joy went out of the characters and their quirky behaviours in their day-to-day existences...

In SG-1 that hit around season 7 or 8. For Atlantis, uhm, well that was pretty much from day 1 in my book ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Ivan wrote: »
    Standalone episodes became fillers, and hence bad, when the joy went out of the characters and their quirky behaviours in their day-to-day existences...

In SG-1 that hit around season 7 or 8. For Atlantis, uhm, well that was pretty much from day 1 in my book ;)

No he means episodes that had nothing to do with the overall Goa'ould/Ori/Replicator plot...which have been there since season 1.

For me it's Window of Oppurtunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,644 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Watching "Icon" from Season 8 right now - its damn good filler. Not the best, but as long as we're naming good episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Season 1:
    Solitudes is a good early one. (I'll always think of the McGyver gag from that one when I watch it again)

Season 2:
    The Gamekeeper is one from season 2 I like. (Always nice to see Dwight Schultz)

Message in a Bottle was another good one.

Season 3:
    Foothold has been mentioned.

Urgo was kind of annoying but also quite funny. A classic stargate character driven episode.

Season 4:
    The Other Side - A Trek style morality episode with a nice bust up between Jack & Daniel

Window of Oppertunity is the best episode of stargate for me. It doesn't matter that it's filler. Just pure quality.

Season 5:
    Wormhole X-Treme! has been mentioned. Fun episode.

Meridian isn't really a filler as something important happens. Just thinking I should watch it again.

And now time to watch this weeks Atlantis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

the other guys was good. funny stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭somuj

Prototype season 8. Thought that was a savage episode:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement