Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Move Over David Bentley

• 30-10-2008 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭

Sorry son, someones out done you already. From tonights French Ligue 1 game between Nantes & Marseille.

I don't think I have seen a cleaner strike of the ball than that. Near perfect. 3.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

deflection tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm having Bentley's. He stands it up for himself and smacks it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

What a peach. Couldn't have been more in the corner...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Stekelly wrote: »
    I'm having Bentley's. He stands it up for himself and smacks it.

This lad didn't even need a poncy first touch, smacked the fanny off her first time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Almunia ruined Bentley's by getting a touch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sweet strike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

This lad wasnt good enough to take a first touch, so he closed his eyes and whacked it first time!

Fixed that for you.:)

Anyone can smack a rolling ball as hard as possible and eventually one will go in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Stekelly wrote: »
    Anyone can smack a rolling ball as hard as possible and eventually one will go in.

Like Mr "G"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Damn you just beat me to it Des

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great strike but I think I'd take Bentley's as well. It had more of a 'WTF?!' quality to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Bentley's was the better of the 2 in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Don't see how anyone could rate Bentley's higher. Almunia was at fault for his, this one was literally unstoppable. Really fast, wicked curve, perfect placement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

Nice strike....

worrying smiley!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Don't see how anyone could rate Bentley's higher. Almunia was at fault for his, this one was literally unstoppable. Really fast, wicked curve, perfect placement

I really doubt he 'placed' it that well in the top corner from 35 yards. A side footer from the edge of the box has placement. He just feckin thumped that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Shocking, someone thumped a ball in from miles out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Orgasmic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

I reckon Bentley's is better. Although Almunia got a touch he had the vision to spot him off his line so deserved a bit of luck.
    While this one is a nice strike there was no more thought involved than hitting it as hard as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

David Bentleys strike should have been saved by Almunia, thus this is better.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

anyone got a link to Bentley's for comparison?

edit: Never mind, found it eventually: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AQE-4jiie8&feature=related

Pretty nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Bently's had a lot more technique involved and he had to pick his spot before he struck it, that lad just smacked it and hoped a la roberto carlos.

Screamer all right, but Bently's was a much better goal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement