Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how much money for thailand for 3 weeks??

• 30-10-2008 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

planning on heading to phuket, ko phangan, ko samui and phi phi - drinking most nights and a bit of sightseeing aswell. how much do you think id need to bring for this lus accomadation and transport? would E1200 be enough?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

That works out at 60 a day?! That's plenty, you could travel comfortably on about half that. The big things that are going to eat into your budget are;

Accom - air conditioning vs. a fan room (with can mean in some places esp. on the islands that it's a bit of a shack full of creepy-crawlies, gekkos and f*** all else - how do you feel about that?!) Air con is usually over 2x. Can't remember figures off hand but it varies substantially - have a click around online but don't worry about booking anything before you go. Except maybe for the full moon..

Food - if you're willing to eat thai then it's pennies <2e for a meal. If you're ordering steaks every day it's still cheap ~10e but will add up over time.

Travel - 12hr overnight bus journey ~8e, internal flight ~50e, which if you're going to fly from Bangkok to Phucket, Phucket to Samui & Samui back to Bangkok takes a sizable chunk.

Post back how you feel about you're luxuries & long journeys but personally if I was there for only 3 weeks I'd probably be more willing to spend on flying because of the time it saves & a bad overnighter can knock you out for days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

WOGGET wrote: »
    planning on heading to phuket, ko phangan, ko samui and phi phi - drinking most nights and a bit of sightseeing aswell. how much do you think id need to bring for this lus accomadation and transport? would E1200 be enough?
    Yep, plenty:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 WOGGET

ok cheers for that. im actually flying into phuket and out of there already so wont be going near bangkok. would a grand strech it even??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭crisco10

1000 should be fine! thats almost 50 a day. that should be plenty as long as you don't take the piss and go to fancy pants hotels etc.

To put it into perspective, i got by on €20 a day. granted, i don't drink too much and i was travelling with my g/f so we shared room prices but still, it felt like plenty!

Although, we did fly from phuket to samui. That was a little pricey, think €70 each one way :eek: But did it with the only airline you could (Bangkok Air). So if you were gonna fly factor that it. You can do the boat-bus trip. think thats about €15 - €20....

Advertisement