Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Value of pajero

• 30-10-2008 2:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭

What would the value of a 1996 2.5 diesel swb pajero be worth? The head gasket needs replacing and it has over 200,000 miles on the clock. It,s a commercial. What would it cost to fit a new head gasket?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Anyone know what the value is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Its all relative. To you its worth a lot, to a garage its worth €1000. My Da has a 3.2 commercial pajero and a mits garage said they'd give him €8000 for it. Its only got 60K miles on it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

ohh: head gasket on a 2.5 pajero, correct me if I'm wrong here but the 2.5's were notorious for cracking the head if they over heated when a gasket failed. Head gasket is not the worst job in the world, but trying to get a good head if you did need one ain't easy or cheap.

200,000 on the clock is a fair bit, even though it will go for a good few more. Problem for you is there are lots of SWB commercial pajeros on the market and most of your year would be a 2.8 from what I can see, so it wouldn't be first choice for most people,

Lucky to get a grand for it in my opinion, but that all depends on condition really. If your still happy to drive it, I'd get a few quotes for the work, might just be the head gasket, which can be done in a few hours

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention that I don't own the pajero it's for sale as is €1,900.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

A 96' blown gasket with 200k 1900euro? Me thinks it'll sit in the driveway for a long time at that price.:o

• Advertisement

stifz wrote: »
    A 96' blown gasket with 200k 1900euro? Me thinks it'll sit in the driveway for a long time at that price.:o
    You thinks right:) I took it for a test drive yesterday. The gears are worn as it is hard to get it in gear and the steering is pulling to one side. In fact it is not safe to drive over 40mph:eek: I had to slow to 20mph going around bends other wise it would veer off the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

herbie goes banana's - think its crying out for some off roading action!

stifz wrote: »
    herbie goes banana's - think its crying out for some off roading action!
    Good one:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

tbh you'd be lucky to get a grand for it in that nick.

i know that there's alot of paj's on cbg.ie and carzone etc. but I bought my Paj around march this year in the UK and most of the same car are still on both sites from when I was looking for a comparison all the way back then, so it's not agood judge of what it's worth.

i hate to say it (i love my own paj, couldn't bare to think of this for her) but your best bet may be to take her to traynors up north and sell her for parts. :(

with the market what it is right now there's plenty of good motors going begging so it's not a good time to sell a good one, never mind a buggered one.

vibe666 wrote: »
    tbh you'd be lucky to get a grand for it in that nick.

i know that there's alot of paj's on cbg.ie and carzone etc. but I bought my Paj around march this year in the UK and most of the same car are still on both sites from when I was looking for a comparison all the way back then, so it's not agood judge of what it's worth.

i hate to say it (i love my own paj, couldn't bare to think of this for her) but your best bet may be to take her to traynors up north and sell her for parts. :(

with the market what it is right now there's plenty of good motors going begging so it's not a good time to sell a good one, never mind a buggered one.
    I don't own it. It is for sale it looked alright when I first saw it, the garage were selling it as is with blown head gasket. When I took it for a test drive I saw all the other faults. I asked the original question before I took it for a testdrive as it didn't look so bad and I didn't have time that evening to take it for a testdrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ah right, okay so. in that case, don't go near it with a barge pole! :)

Advertisement