Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QoS setup for Tomato firmware/Linksys router?

Options
  • 30-10-2008 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭

I just installed the Tomato firmware on my Linksys router and I'm very impressed with it. The best firmware I've seen for the Linksys by far. I was wondering did would people share their QoS setup here so I could take a look and get some good examples of it in use.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

tis pretty slick alright; running it on our linksys also.

don't think we have a need for setting up QoS tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

If you have hardware it'll run on I'd give it a try. http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato
    Tomato is a small, lean and simple replacement firmware for Linksys' WRT54G/GL/GS, Buffalo WHR-G54S/WHR-HP-G54 and other Broadcom-based routers. It features a new easy to use GUI, a new bandwidth usage monitor, more advanced QOS and access restrictions, enables new wireless features such as WDS and wireless client modes, raises the limits on maximum connections for P2P, allows you to run your custom scripts or telnet/ssh in and do all sorts of things like re-program the SES/AOSS button, adds wireless site survey to see your wifi neighbors, and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

meglome wrote: »
    I just installed the Tomato firmware on my Linksys router and I'm very impressed with it. The best firmware I've seen for the Linksys by far. I was wondering did would people share their QoS setup here so I could take a look and get some good examples of it in use.
    Did you try the DD-WRT firmware? Thats what I have running on mine. I use the QOS to prioritise VOIP & http and gaming and to deprioritise newsgroups and torrents. Works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I was using the Hyperwrt Thibor15c but the Tomato is better again.

Advertisement