Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo25

Am absolutely dreading WI tom, Have been so good all week and felt like i've lost nothin, had a quick peek at the scales this morning ( i no i shudn't) and wasn't down a pound, will be so disappointed if i'm not down tom!!

I reached goal on the 2nd but still kept to my points like usual for last week. I weighed in yesterday and there was no change in my weight.:confused: I probably shouldn't be complaining but it was the first time that had happened. Every other week I had been always down at least something.

I didn't even give myself the extra 6 points the maintenance book said I should. Can't understand it really. I exercised, I stuck to the points but nada happnened!! Anyway good luck everybody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hey Jwaquai (useless at spelling!)

Just wanted to say I just watched some of your videos on youtube! Well done- you've done so amazing!

Real inspiration!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

oh i hear what everyone is saying! it can be so disheartening when you are eating SO healthy all week, exercising and still not losing anything. makes me wonder what the point is and reach for something suggary.
    Sure this week has been my best in forever and i actually gained half a pound! I think i was eating too little so Im going to try and bulk it up a little and hope for the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭harvardgal2

So fed up, have had a bad few days with personal things and I've turned to food, I hate that I do that. About a year ago, I had got a handle on it but not at the minute. I know I have to stop beating myself up and move on, start again. But I just feel so crap that I can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I used to always post here and haven't in ages. I just update my food diary!! I so youtube Vlogs! I'll post them here as my updates! :D

Total loss to date is 4st 9lb or 64lb.

Thats Some weight loss well done. How long did it take you to loose that much weight

• Registered Users Posts: 27 onehundred

onehundred wrote: »
    Down 4 lbs this week. Next week will be a test, Christmas party coming up.
    We'll see how it goes. 53 lbs lost so far...

And it all went downhill after that!

After losing the run of myself in December and January (never weighed in or went to any meetings) I've finally motivated myself to head down today for the WI. I've put back up 22.5 lbs since Dec :eek:.
    Back on the wagon again now and hope to get back to where I was and then continue from there.
    Glad I acted today and didn't keep avoiding it.
    Fingers crossed I'll be able to get back into the swing of things...
    So I'm down 30.5 lbs in total, 69.5 lbs to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

onehundred wrote: »
    And it all went downhill after that!

After losing the run of myself in December and January (never weighed in or went to any meetings) I've finally motivated myself to head down today for the WI. I've put back up 22.5 lbs since Dec :eek:.
    Back on the wagon again now and hope to get back to where I was and then continue from there.
    Glad I acted today and didn't keep avoiding it.
    Fingers crossed I'll be able to get back into the swing of things...
    So I'm down 30.5 lbs in total, 69.5 lbs to go!

You did it before and you can do it again. The past is the past. Start afresh. Forget what you put up. Starting pointis 69.5lb to lose, first goal 7lb loss.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

I had my weigh in last night and I stayed the same which is a miracle considering I ate like a horse over the weekend. But the really fantastic news is my BMI is now 28 ! I'm no longer Obese just overweight.

Harvardgirl don't be so tough on yourself , we all have bad days. When I have days like that (where I eat rings around myself) I find a fat photo of myself and remind myself of how far I have come. Jwacqui Vlogs are a fantastic source of inspiration too.

Leo25 the bad weeks are the weeks you need to go to WW the most. Keep the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

onehundred fair play to you for going bak an starting afresh it takes a lot of courage to get bak up on those scales and your great for just taking it in a starting again. Ul have those 22lbs down in no time..like one of the others said the past is the past.
    I had weigh in last nite i was down 1lb..i was happy enough with that cos its t.o.m and i always weigh heavier then..i was a bit disapointed at first but i realise a loss is a loss and i couldnt keep losing bigger nums anyway..although saying that 3lbs nxt wk be great id half my first stone ha ha never happy.

Gonna do valentines dinner at home this wknd..any suggestions on a nice dinner i could make..2 or 3 courses..i could skip the desert but would like to make a starter. any ideas welcome :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭TheScriptFan

well done everyone!! slow and steady wins the race!!

Fendi - butternut squash chips are really really good! I can dig out the recipe if you like but they are pretty straight forward and low point!

I seem to get to dinner time and have only eaten about 9 points, then I have my dinner which is generally 6/7 so I have alot of points left...last night I ate two weight watchers bars just to bring myself up nearer my points goal, but I didn't really want them and I thought to myself - this can't be good for my weight loss, having two bars even if they are within my points, is this okay to do? Or should I hunt around for a more 'wholesome' snack? What do you think, will you still lose weight if you're within your points even if you're eating ww bars??

Have a great Valentines day! Normally I'd go out and have a meal, and lots of wine and chocolates but this year, we're going on a hike around Glendalough on Sat and then a 'secret location' on Sat night...WW is even bringing on the romance...lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

only lost a pound this week which is still good but when i weighed myself at home i was 4lbs down. Last week i lost 8 and had to check my home scales cos i didnt believe it.... and it matched up with my ww w./i........
    any one else experience this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo25

Slaygal wrote: »
    I had my weigh in last night and I stayed the same which is a miracle considering I ate like a horse over the weekend. But the really fantastic news is my BMI is now 28 ! I'm no longer Obese just overweight.

Harvardgirl don't be so tough on yourself , we all have bad days. When I have days like that (where I eat rings around myself) I find a fat photo of myself and remind myself of how far I have come. Jwacqui Vlogs are a fantastic source of inspiration too.

Leo25 the bad weeks are the weeks you need to go to WW the most. Keep the faith.

Thanks Slaygal - will go to WI tonight but not looking forward to it!! but i have been good all week, so i'll be disappointed if i'm not down!!

OneHundred - fair play to you for getting back in to it!! you'll be back flying in no time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

well done everyone!! slow and steady wins the race!!

Fendi - butternut squash chips are really really good! I can dig out the recipe if you like but they are pretty straight forward and low point!

I seem to get to dinner time and have only eaten about 9 points, then I have my dinner which is generally 6/7 so I have alot of points left...last night I ate two weight watchers bars just to bring myself up nearer my points goal, but I didn't really want them and I thought to myself - this can't be good for my weight loss, having two bars even if they are within my points, is this okay to do? Or should I hunt around for a more 'wholesome' snack? What do you think, will you still lose weight if you're within your points even if you're eating ww bars??

Have a great Valentines day! Normally I'd go out and have a meal, and lots of wine and chocolates but this year, we're going on a hike around Glendalough on Sat and then a 'secret location' on Sat night...WW is even bringing on the romance...lol!!

Scriptfan- that'd be great if you could. I've heard people talk about them alrite..id love to give them a go..cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Back from weigh in!

Loss of 1 1/2 pounds!!!

Happy out with that! Worked hard in gym so would have liked the 2 but I am NOT complaining. We're having a hard time of it here at home so I'm glad I didn't cave into food completely.

So it's my 3rd stone at WW and 4 1/2 stone overall! :D

What's lovely is I've only 17.5 to go to a healthy BMI!!!!!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Back from weigh in!

Loss of 1 1/2 pounds!!!

Happy out with that! Worked hard in gym so would have liked the 2 but I am NOT complaining. We're having a hard time of it here at home so I'm glad I didn't cave into food completely.

What's lovely is I've only 17.5 to go to a healthy BMI!!!!!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!!

Well done that is really fantastic!!!

Ok I have had a dreadful week but I am forgetting about it right now. (My Weight In was cancelled and I couldn't make another meeting) I just did an hour's exercise and am going to start tracking again tomorrow and stop feeling sorry for myself! So that is the plan. I thought if I post it on here its better than just thinking it as I am making a public declaration and I urge you all to post me a message over the weekend to give me a kick up the ass and ensure I am being good :):) Thanks :D:)

PS Great stuff on all the losses... Keep it up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Guys

Havent been on for awhile, went to my WI last nite and I was down .5lb!!

Not great but at least its going in the right direction thank god, found this week that I didnt track anything so I didnt know what I was eating but back on track from today and hopefully will be down even more next week.

Well done everyone who has lost and keep up the great work!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Back from weigh in!

Loss of 1 1/2 pounds!!!

CONGRATS - YYYIIIPPPEEEE

Happy to report STS this week - still 10st 13, its slow but I am slowly getting better!!! I am also backed up this week which doesnt help!!! But feeling positive and now I have the car that is one less stress and BF and I are walking every day - its great!! Could be better and had hoped it would be but my next goal is 10st 10 by Paddy's Day!!! Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

I am down 11lbs in 4 weeks am thrilled. I have been so good and feel I deserve it as I want to loose this weight once and for all. We can do this!!!!

(Feeling very motivated today!!!)

I have a valentines dinner this Sunday, worried as I want to enjoy the night but cant figure out points for my dinner :confused:

Could any1 help? I'v posted the menu on the nutrition and diet forum. Any point suggestions would be great!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Caoi

Hey there. New to this thread, but just wanted to ask a bit of advice. I have been on WW for Four Weeks, had to miss my last weigh in due to illness, but up to the previous week I had lost half a stone. Have another stone to my goal!

Anyway, I have a very severe throat infection, so have pretty much lost interest in food. But I do really really want some ice cream to ease the pain in my throat. Any idea for some good low fat options?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

sorry not been on in long time. this week i sts at weigh in (boo) but had a very bad week the week before as it was my birthday and it was a big one which meant 3 occassions for celebrating - work/home and friends. i decided i would just enjoy it and not get too caught up pointing. so I am back on track now and have had sneaky steps onto scales and hopefully will have a bit of loss next week. done a big shop yesterday and my latest findings are---- lol

snack o jacks pop corn - only 0.5 points.
    50g smoked salmon is only 1.5.

Caoi wrote: »
    Hey there. New to this thread, but just wanted to ask a bit of advice. I have been on WW for Four Weeks, had to miss my last weigh in due to illness, but up to the previous week I had lost half a stone. Have another stone to my goal!

Anyway, I have a very severe throat infection, so have pretty much lost interest in food. But I do really really want some ice cream to ease the pain in my throat. Any idea for some good low fat options?

Not really sure to be honest, just have a look at the labels and check out the fat content. Stick with plain ones, chocolate ones like Ben and Jerrys are lethal. Not sure if this would do the trick but Dunnes do a lovely Lemon Sorbet which is low in points, and easy on the throat. Sorry not much of an ice cream eater so can't help more... Good luck and well done so far.

Caoi wrote: »

hey
    if u can find a shop that stocks "the skinny cow" range they are low in fat. Ben and Jerrys do a "lighten up" range that are lower than their average tubs. is it a desert u want or just normal ice cream, the ww chocolate brownie deserts are a good desert - chocolate ice cream etc and only 3 points. dunnes stock some of the skinny cow stuff but i find it inconsistent. sometimes its there sometimes not.

also if u felt up to it you could try making your own?

low fat honeycomb ice cream

a delicious creamy ice cream - with no cream
    2 1/2 cups semi skimmed milk,( 2 lots of 1 1/4 cups) 2 large egg yolks 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 (14-ounce) can light sweetened condensed milk 2/3 cup crushed cinder toffee not to small about 1cm by 1cm ( make your own or buy)

1.Put 1 1/4 of the milk with the egg yolks in to a heavy based pan
    2.simmer until coats the back of a spoon (about 10 mins)stir ALL the time and DO NOT BOIL
    3.Once done dunk pan into a basin of cold water so it slightly cools.
    4.In a bowl put the rest of the milk, the vanilla,condensed milk and the cooled mixture and then mix it all together.
    5.Cover and completely chill
    6.pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and do as manufacturers instructions.
    7. Put the ice cream into a freezere safe tub, mix in the crushed cinder tofee and freeze for 1 hour. 8.ENJOY your delicious low fat ice cream
    9. If you freeze your ice cream too long and it becomes 'icy', let it slightly melt, pop it into a blender blend until its like a milkshake then re freeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭nurse23

hi all!! can anyone reccommend a good exercise dvd?? loads out there but just wanna know has anyone used them and found a particular one any good??

nurse23 wrote: »
    hi all!! can anyone reccommend a good exercise dvd?? loads out there but just wanna know has anyone used them and found a particular one any good??

Davina Mc Call - I love her!!! The ones I got are here Davina Mc Call DVD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Aw lads and lassies.

My little dog passed away today. I'm devastated. Wrong thread to be posting in, I know (apologies mods).
    Everyone is heart broken, even though we knew it was coming.

Not that I even care at this point, but don't know how I'm going to control my eating. Times like these are when it gets hard.
    So upset by this, it's going to take some time to get over :(

Again, sorry for random comment in the thread, just had to vent.

Aw lads and lassies.

My little dog passed away today. I'm devastated. Wrong thread to be posting in, I know (apologies mods).

Not that I even care at this point, but don't know how I'm going to control my eating. Times like these are when it gets hard.

Ah DWG, you poor thing, I know how devestating it can be, don't worry about the eating, you will be surprised at how little you acutally eat when something like this happens!!!! You poor chica xxx

Aw lads and lassies.

ahhhh nooo :( I am a fellow dog owner here and I know what you are going through! Like pembily says u might go the oppopsite and not wanna eat. My dog was stolen for 18hours till we caught them and it drove me to the wine but i couldn't stomach eating (diff circumstances I know!)

Oh gosh I don't know what to say, it is a very sad time for you. (((hugs)))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

Doctor Who girl so so sorry to hear about your poor doggy, i know how heatbreaking it is its like losing a person in your family.
    When my little doggy died it really did break my heart i was so so upset, but believe me it will get alot easier soon enough its a big shock.
    I presume if you all knew it was coming then your dog must have been ill??
    My dog was sick for over a year and as much as it broke my heart it was comforting to think of how she wasnt sick anymore.
    Thinking of you!! xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement